Media Relations promotes Orange Coast College's achievements, programs, events and news to the public via the media. The knowledgeable staff serves journalists covering breaking news, campuswide issues and student affairs. Media Relations works closely with the Campus Safety Department to manage all external communications in emergency situations and play a key role in crisis contingency planning.
Our staff provides media training to faculty, assists them with op-eds, organizes and runs news events, and tracks media coverage. As the college's representative to news organizations, Media Relations works across the college to connect faculty experts and thought leaders with media outlets .
Our office is responsible for:
- Issuing press releases, tip sheets, and media advisories
- Arranging and facilitating media coverage of Orange Coast College
- Promoting Orange Coast College experts to the media.
- Assisting members of the Orange Coast College community in their interactions with the media.
- Facilitating media interviews
- Providing media training
For more information or media inquiries please call
(714) 432 - 5725.
Please note that a member of the Media Relations staff must escort all reporters, photographers, and video crews the Orange Coast College main campus or the School of Sailing and Seamanship at all times. Please contact us at
(714) 432 - 5725 to arrange access to the college's facilities.