The Communities of Practice for Part-Time Faculty Series will help build a positive culture at OCC by creating a community of part-time faculty that dialogues about effective teaching, campus resources and OCC's culture.
This is a great professional development opportunity that is free and open to all OCC employees: come for one or come for all - it's up to you!
Thursdays 4:00 - 5:00, food included
Location: RC 101 (Recycling Center Classroom: Adjacent to the softball field in the Adams lot)
- Jan 31 (Week 1) - Survival skills as a part-time faculty at OCC
- Flex Day - Feb 21* -What is CoPfPTF? Check out our session and poster.
- March 7 (week 6) - Student interventions and resources to help students.
- April 4 (week 9) - Getting engaged in the campus community
- April 25 (week 12) - Reflection on teaching and best practices
- May 3 (Friday at 2pm) - Part Time Faculty Day at the OCC Baseball Playoffs; meet at Pirate Park (the OCC Baseball Field)
- May 16 (week 15) - Wrappin up your semester
* Flex Day meeting and location will change; check the Flex Day Schedule for further details.
To attend, please register for each day's event via Cornerstone
For additional information, explore our Canvas shell (Link is coming), which we will use to continue our discussions offline, or contact Marc Perkins at email@example.com
or (714) 714-7421 (x21444 on campus)
Spring 2019 Flier
Find answers to more questions on our Communities of Practices for Part-Time Faculty FAQ.