The Communities of Practice for Part-Time Faculty Series will help build a positive culture at OCC by creating a community of part-time faculty that dialogues about effective teaching, campus resources and OCC's culture.
This is a great professional development opportunity that is free and open to all OCC employees: come for one or come for all - it's up to you!
Thursdays 4:00 - 5:30, food included
Location: RC 101 (Recycling Center Classroom: Adjacent to the softball field in the Adams lot)
- Feburary 20, 4:00pm (MBCC 307): Introduction to Communities of Practice for Part Time Faculty (on Flex Day!)
- February 29, 10:30am (Softball field): Part-time Faculty Day at the OCC Softball game. Friends and family welcome!
- March 12, 4:00pm (RC 101): Engaging with Instructional Resources at OCC
- April 9, 4:00pm (RC 101): Outcome Centered Teaching and Developing Critical Thinking
- April 23, 4:00pm (new Kinesiology building): Grand tour of the new Kinesiology, Athletics, and Aquatics facilities
- May 7, 4:00pm (RC 101): Enhancing the Lecture Experience
To attend, we'd appreciate pre-registration in Cornerstone
, but RSVPs are not necessary.
For additional information, explore our Canvas shell, which we will use to continue our discussions offline, or contact Cyndee Ely
Fall 2020 Flier
Find answers to more questions on our Communities of Practices for Part-Time Faculty FAQ.