The Communities of Practice for Part-Time Faculty Series will help build a positive culture at OCC by creating a community of part-time faculty that dialogues about effective teaching, campus resources and OCC's culture.
This is a great professional development opportunity that is free and open to all OCC employees: come for one or come for all - it's up to you!
Thursdays 4:00 - 5:30, food included
Location: RC 101 (Recycling Center Classroom: Adjacent to the softball field in the Adams lot)
- August 20*: Part Time Faculty Meetup: Introduction to teaching at OCC - 4:00 - 5:30pm, OCC Faculty House
- August 23* (Flex Day): Building community in your classroom, hosted by the Communities of Practice for PT Faculty
- September 12: Managing productive groups - 4:00 - 5:30, RC 101
- September 14* (meet at 6:00pm at the patio on the north side of the OCC Football stadium): Part-time Faculty Day at the OCC Football Home Opener
- October 10: Experiential learning - 4:00 - 5:30, RC 101
- November 7: Improving student performance with feedback - 4:00 - 5:30, RC 101
- **NEW** Saturday, November 16*: Part-time Faculty Day at the OCC Chamber Singers and Chorale Fall Choral-Vocal Showcase - 7:00 p.m. at the Robert B. Moore Theater (concert starts at 7:30)
- December 5*: Reviewing and reflecting on the semester under the stars (Planetarium show!). 4:00 - 5:30, OCC Planetarium.
* This session meets at a different time or location than normal.
To attend, we'd appreciate pre-registration in Cornerstone
, but RSVPs are not necessary.
For additional information, explore our Canvas shell, which we will use to continue our discussions offline, or contact Marc Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 714-7421 (x21444 on campus)
Fall 2019 Flier
Spring 2019 Flier
Find answers to more questions on our Communities of Practices for Part-Time Faculty FAQ.