The Communities of Practice for Part-Time Faculty Series will help build a positive culture at OCC by creating a community of part-time faculty that dialogues about effective teaching, campus resources and OCC's culture.
This is a great professional development opportunity that is free and open to all OCC employees: come for one or come for all - it's up to you!
Thursdays 4:00 - 5:30, food included
Location: RC 101 (Recycling Center Classroom: Adjacent to the softball field in the Adams lot)
- August 20*: Part Time Faculty Meetup: Introduction to teaching at OCC - 4:00 - 5:30pm, OCC Faculty House
- August 23* (Flex Day): Building community in your classroom, hosted by the Communities of Practice for PT Faculty
- September 12: Managing productive groups - 4:00 - 5:30, RC 101
- September 14* (meet at 6:00pm at the patio on the north side of the OCC Football stadium): Part-time Faculty Day at the OCC Football Home Opener
- October 10: Experiential learning - 4:00 - 5:30, RC 101
- November 7: Improving student performance with feedback - 4:00 - 5:30, RC 101
- December 5*: Reviewing and reflecting on the semester under the stars (Planetarium show!). 4:00 - 5:30, OCC Planetarium.
* This session meets at a different time or location than normal.
To attend, please register for each day's event via Cornerstone
For additional information, explore our Canvas shell (Link is coming), which we will use to continue our discussions offline, or contact Marc Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 714-7421 (x21444 on campus)
Fall 2019 Flier
Spring 2019 Flier
Find answers to more questions on our Communities of Practices for Part-Time Faculty FAQ.