On behalf of Orange Coast College and the department of Housing & Residential Education (HRE), I would like to welcome you to The Harbour at OCC. We are excited to be one of the first Southern California community colleges to offer on-campus housing for students and look forward to opening our doors to over 800 residents beginning in Fall 2020. HRE and our partners, The Scion Group, are committed to providing opportunities that contribute to student learning and development as well as further enhancing student success and the Pirate experience here at OCC.
Living on-campus is a transformative experience for students! It provides you with many opportunities to engage with the campus and its resources, make significant and life-long connections with peers, and explore your own identity, leadership, and personal values. Through dynamic programs and services HRE will create inclusive living-learning environments that will allow you to make meaning of your college experience and find a true sense of belonging within the diverse OCC community.
What you choose to do in your living, studying, and recreational environment will greatly influence your total academic experience. Studies have shown that students who live on campus have a higher GPA than those that do not, are more involved on campus, and graduate at a higher rate. Take the initiative to get involved, contribute and engage within the residential community. Living in a residence hall community requires considerable cooperation, responsibility, and, above all, respect for others.
If there is any way that I or the HRE staff can assist you as you make the transition to Coast please let me know. Welcome to The Harbour at OCC; welcome home.
Director, Housing & Residential Education
Housing & Residential Education (HRE), in partnership with The Scion Group, serves as an integral component of Orange Coast College's core philosophy by creating inclusive, safe and clean living-learning environments that promote student success. Through the intentional and efficient delivery of programs and services, HRE facilitates student engagement, and collaborates with the campus and the community. HRE maintains secure, sustainable spaces for students in order to promote a sense of belonging, holistic personal development, co-curricular learning, responsible community membership, and academic success within a diverse community.
- We value the social, emotional, intellectual, and ethical development of students.
- We value a community of respect where dignity is practiced and is a shared concern for all living together in community.
- We value the education of student rights and responsibilities.
- We value initiatives and efforts that create an environmentally sustainable community.
We value safe, clean, and well-maintained living facilities.
- We value diversity, inclusion, and equity, and embracing campus ideals.
- We value the engagement, involvement, and the spirit of fostering a sense of belonging for all students.
Location, Hours & Contact
Watson Hall 110
- Monday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
p: (714) 643-5100