On behalf of Orange Coast College and the department of Housing & Residential Education (HRE), I would like to welcome you to The Harbour at OCC. We are excited to be one of the first Southern California community colleges to offer on-campus housing for students and look forward to opening our doors to over 800 residents beginning in Fall 2020. HRE and our partners, The Scion Group, are committed to providing opportunities that contribute to student learning and development as well as further enhancing student success and the Pirate experience here at OCC. We are excited for you to consider OCC's preferred student housing community at The Harbour.
Living on-campus is a transformative experience for students! It provides you with many opportunities to engage with the campus and its resources, make significant and life-long connections with peers, and explore your own identity, leadership, and personal values. Through dynamic programs and services HRE will create inclusive living-learning environments that will allow you to make meaning of your college experience and find a true sense of belonging within the diverse OCC community.
What you choose to do in your living, studying, and recreational environment will greatly influence your total academic experience. Studies have shown that students who live on campus have a higher GPA than those that do not, are more involved on campus, and graduate at a higher rate. Take the initiative to get involved, contribute and engage within the residential community. Living in a residence hall community requires considerable cooperation, responsibility, and, above all, respect for others.
If there is any way that I or the HRE staff can assist you as you make the transition to Coast please let me know. Welcome to The Harbour at OCC; welcome home.
Director, Housing & Residential Education
Housing & Residential Education (HRE), in partnership with The Scion Group, serves as an integral component of Orange Coast College's core philosophy by creating inclusive, safe and clean living-learning environments that promote student success. Through the intentional and efficient delivery of programs and services, HRE facilitates student engagement, and collaborates with the campus and the community. HRE maintains secure, sustainable spaces for students in order to promote a sense of belonging, holistic personal development, co-curricular learning, responsible community membership, and academic success within a diverse community.
- We value the social, emotional, intellectual, and ethical development of students.
- We value a community of respect where dignity is practiced and is a shared concern for all living together in community.
- We value the education of student rights and responsibilities.
- We value initiatives and efforts that create an environmentally sustainable community.
We value safe, clean, and well-maintained living facilities.
- We value diversity, inclusion, and equity, and embracing campus ideals.
- We value the engagement, involvement, and the spirit of fostering a sense of belonging for all students.
As a premier community college in California with the largest on-campus living program, Housing & Residential Education aspires to transform the lives of our residents through innovative and collaborative community development programs and educational interventions with the intention to develop responsible and active citizens, locally and globally. The Harbour at OCC will be a preferred housing choice for Orange Coast College students that provides efficient management of housing operations and a living-learning environment that practices inclusion and empowers residents to become engaged contributors and leaders in their community.
The 2020-2021 Resident Handbook is available here for residents to review or downloadl. All residents are expected to review this important document for Harbour students. The handbook includes an overview of The Harbour Community Policies, as well as, College and District Policies and Procedures, housing processes, resident safety information and campus resources.
It is highly recommended that all incoming Housing students provide documentation of vaccination or immunity to the following infectious diseases; Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella, Pertussis and Meningitis, and provide tuberculosis (TB) clearance as recommended for colleges and universities by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) to protect the health and safety of residents and staff.
Visit the Student Health Center Housing Immunization page to learn more about the OCC Immunization Reccomendations, Instructions and FAQs. The Housing Immunization Forms are available on the Student Health portal and the deadline to submit immunization requirements and health screening for Fall 2020 is October 1, 2020.
2021-2022 RA Selection
The Harbour at OCC is hiring Resident Advisors (RA) for 2021-2022! The application is available now available at https://boards.greenhouse.io/thesciongroupllc/jobs/5134346002 and will close on April 12, 2021.
All current and incoming Orange Coast College students are invited to apply. Students do not have to be a current resident at The Harbour to apply. It is strongly preferred that applicants can serve both Fall and Spring semesters; continued Summer employment is available and optional.
Note the following requirements for the position below:
- Must be enrolled for 6 or more units per semester with the Coast Community College District, in good standing with the District, and maintain a minimum semester GPA of 2.3/cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Must reside in The Harbour during the term of employment.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 18 hours a week.
- Availability and willingness to work during weekends, summer, holidays, and turn period and attend summer and winter training programs as scheduled.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within a constantly changing environment – with the ability to adjust priorities.
For additional information about the position or application, please contact The Harbour at OCC via email at email@example.com.
Location, Hours & Contact
The Harbour at OCC remains open during the campus closure. The management office can be visited or staff can be contacted at the phone and email below during business hours.
1369 Adams Avenue Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- Monday 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Friday 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
p: (714) 643-5100