↩ Back to Student Housing
Orange Coast College, utilizing Pirates' Promise funds, is providing financial support to eligible students to stay at The Harbour at OCC. Eligible students will receive $400 or $600 credit per month applied to the cost of rental installments at The Harbour for the entire academic year (through June 2021). There are a limited number of awards available but we are still accepting applications for Spring 2021. Students who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note this is a limited funding opportunity only available through June 2021.
Any consideration for 2021-2022 (if available) will be determined in the future and updated on this page.
Enroll and complete full-time (at least 12 units at the Coast Community College District, with a minimum of 9 units at OCC, for Spring 2021). Recipients must enroll full-time (12 units) in Spring 2021 to maintain eligibility.
- Veterans and current or former foster youth enrolled in a minimum of 6 units will be considered for the funds
- Complete a 2020-2021 FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $2,500
- Be a California Resident or AB540-Eligible Student
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) (for continuing OCC students only) or have an appeal approval on file
Recipients must maintain the following requirements in order to continue their eligibility for monthly housing funds:
- Attend the Housing Promise Fund Orientation
- Sign a 2020-2021 Housing Agreement with The Harbour upon approval of application for residents beginning their contract for Spring 2021 residency
- Complete a comprehensive Student Education Plan (SEP) by the end the Fall 2020 semester
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) (Maintain a 2.0 Cumulative GPA, Maintain 67% Unit Completion and Maximum Time Frame Requirement) for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021
- Attend at least 1 Harbour Community Event/Resident Advisor Program each semester
- Maintain eligibility to reside at The Harbour, including complying with the Student Code of Conduct and Title IX Board Policies and Administrative Procedures as well as The Harbour Community Policies
Please note: The above requirements will be verified at the beginning and end of each semester. Recipients who do not maintain the program requirements will no longer be awarded the Housing Funds and are responsible for the entire monthly rental installment for the remaining duration of their Housing Agreement with The Harbour.
General Housing Financial Assistance Application
Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Eligible students are encouraged to apply here: General Housing Financial Assistance Application. This link will prompt you to enter your OCC Student Log-In Information in order to access the application. Please enter your OCC Username and Password and then complete and submit your application. Priority will be given to applicants who begin a Housing Agreement in Spring 2021 and current residents.
Housing Financial Assistance Application for Veterans, (Former) Foster Youth & Student Equity Referral
There is a separate housing assistance application available for students who are a veteran, current or former foster youth or direct referral from Student Equity. Members from these student communities are eligible for $600 per month, provided they meet the criteria for the assistance. Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Eligible students are encouraged to apply here: Housing Financial Assistance Application for Veterans, Foster Youth and Student Equity Referral. This link will prompt you to enter your OCC Student Log-In Information in order to access the application. Please enter your OCC Username and Password and then complete and submit your application. Priority will be given to applicants who begin a Housing Agreement in Spring 2021 and current residents.
Once we receive your application, you will be notified via email regarding the status of your application and be referred to The Harbour's Leasing Team for the formal application and leasing documents. If you decision to live at the Harbour is dependant on the outcome of this assistance application, please do not sign an electronic housing agreement until you hear the outcome of your application.
Orange Coast College is excited to support students meet their housing needs. For questions regarding this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.