↩ Back to Student Housing
Orange Coast College, utilizing Pirates' Promise funds, is providing financial support to eligible students to stay at The Harbour at OCC. Eligible students will receive $400 or $600 credit per month applied to the cost of rental installments at The Harbour for the entire academic year (through June 2021). There are a limited number of awards available and students who currently hold an agreement or start their Housing Agreement in January 2021 will be considered with priority. Students beginning housing agreements after January 2021 will be considered if there are any remaining funds available. Students who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Those who are interested in pursuing a Spring 2021 Housing Agreement are advised to apply as soon as possible. Please note this is a limited funding opportunity only available through June 2021. Any future consideration (if available) will be determined next year.
Enroll and complete full-time (at least 12 units at the Coast Community College District, with a minimum of 9 units at OCC, for Spring 2021). Recipients must enroll full-time (12 units) in Spring 2021 to maintain eligibility.
- Veterans and current or former foster youth enrolled in a minimum of 6 units will be considered for the funds
- Complete a 2020-2021 FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $2,500
- Be a California Resident or AB540-Eligible Student
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) (for continuing OCC students only) or have an appeal approval on file
Recipients must maintain the following requirements in order to continue their eligibility for monthly housing funds:
- Attend the Housing Promise Fund Orientation
- Sign a 2020-2021 Housing Agreement with The Harbour upon approval of application for residents beginning their contract for Spring 2021 residency
- Complete a comprehensive Student Education Plan (SEP) by the end the Fall 2020 semester
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) (Maintain a 2.0 Cumulative GPA, Maintain 67% Unit Completion and Maximum Time Frame Requirement) for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021
- Attend at least 1 Harbour Community Event/Resident Advisor Program each semester
- Maintain eligibility to reside at The Harbour, including complying with the Student Code of Conduct and Title IX Board Policies and Administrative Procedures as well as The Harbour Community Policies
Please note: The above requirements will be verified at the beginning and end of each semester. Recipients who do not maintain the program requirements will no longer be awarded the Housing Funds and are responsible for the entire monthly rental installment for the remaining duration of their Housing Agreement with The Harbour.
General Housing Financial Assistance Application
Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Eligible students are encouraged to apply here: General Housing Financial Assistance Application. This link will prompt you to enter your OCC Student Log-In Information in order to access the application. Please enter your OCC Username and Password and then complete and submit your application. Priority will be given to applicants who begin a Housing Agreement in January 2021, however, current residents and those with an immediate move-ins beyond January also will be considered.
Housing Financial Assistance Application for Veterans, (Former) Foster Youth & Student Equity Referral
There is a separate housing assistance application available for students who are a veteran, current or former foster youth or direct referral from Student Equity. Members from these student communities are eligible for $600 per month, provided they meet the criteria for the assistance. Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Eligible students are encouraged to apply here: Housing Financial Assistance Application for Veterans, Foster Youth and Student Equity Referral. This link will prompt you to enter your OCC Student Log-In Information in order to access the application. Please enter your OCC Username and Password and then complete and submit your application. Priority will be given to applicants who begin a Housing Agreement in January 2021, however, current residents and those with an immediate move-ins beyond January also will be considered.
Once we receive your application, you will be notified via email regarding the status of your application and be referred to The Harbour's Leasing Team for the formal application and leasing documents.
Orange Coast College is excited to support students meet their housing needs. For questions regarding this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.