Dial 911 Emergency
1-714 432-5555 or 25555 Campus Public Safety
1-714 412-0582 Unit 1 (cell)
What to Report:
- Your specific location/building/room
- Number of people with you
- Injuries number and type
- Assailant(s) location, how many, race, gender, clothing, features, weapons, backpack, shooters identity if known, direction he is heading, anything else that will help.
If you are outside:
Proceed to closest building, preferably a room that locks, do not answer the door
If you are inside:
- Lock and barricade all doors
- Close blinds, turn off the lights
- Call 911 and Campus Public Safety 25555
- Put cell phones on vibrate, be quiet
- Stay away from windows, spread out
- Use furniture to shield you
- Do not answer the door
If shooter has entered your room and begins firing:
- Use furniture to shield you, stay low. Throw things at the shooter and overpower as a committed group.
If you decide to flee:
Have an escape route and plan. Do not carry anything while fleeing. Move quickly, keep your hands visible, follow instructions of any police officer.