Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Home > About OCC > Parking & Public Safety > Emergency Management > Chemical or Radiation Spill

Chemical or Radiation Spill

Any dangerous chemical or radioactive material spilled on campus is to be reported immediately to Campus Public Safety 1-714 432-5555.  Be specific identify the substance if possible as well as the location of the spill.
Do not handle!
Vacate the affected area at once and seal it off to prevent further contamination of others.  Notify your supervisor.
Anyone in the immediate area of the spill who may be contaminated is to avoid contact with others as much as possible.  Required first aid and clean up to be done by specialized authorities designated to do so.
Once outside, move to a clear area at least 150 feet away from the affected building.  Keep the walkways clear for emergency vehicles.
For Environmental Health & Safety/Hazmat problems call: CCCD EHS Office: 1-714-438-4728