Seek refuge under a desk or table. Drop to your knees, clasp both hands behind the neck, bury your face in your arms, and make your body as small as possible. Close your eyes and cover your ears with your forearms.
Move quickly away from buildings, utility poles and other structures.
AFTER THE SHOCK
- Evaluate the situation,
- If emergency help is necessary, call 25555
- Prepare for after-shocks
- If necessary, evacuate building use the nearest exit
- Take your personal belongings
- Assist any disabled persons
- Do not use elevators in case of aftershocks
IF BUILDING IS STRUCTURALY SAFE
- Turn off all potentially hazardous equipment
- Report all damage to Maintenance & Operations at 25590
- Once outside, stay clear (150 feet away from building)
- Leave sidewalk/road access for Emergency Vehicles
DO NOT RE-ENTER DAMAGED BUILDINGS