RESPONSE –Contact with a suspicious substance
- Do not clean up the unknown substance. Cover the substance with anything available (e.g. clothing, paper, trash can, etc.) and do not remove cover.
- Evacuate room and close door or section off area. Do not allow anyone to enter area.
- Call Maintenance and Operations (M&O) at 25590 to turn off local fans or ventilation units.
- Contact Campus Public Safety 25555
- Notify if anyone else may have been exposed
- Contact your supervisor
- If the substance is not deemed as a threat, notify M&O of the incident for clean up
If you come in contact with a suspicious substance:
- Immediately wash with soap and warm water.
- Remove heavily contaminated clothing as soon as possible and place it in a plastic bag or container that can be sealed.