Celebrating 45 + years of serving OCC and the surrounding community!
The Orange Coast College Recycling Center will pay back current value of 5 cents per each container under 24 oz. and 10 cents per container 24 oz. or larger of liquid or ready-to-drink products in aluminum, glass, plastic, and bi-metal containers that have the "California Redemption Value" or "CRV" message on the label.
We buy back only "California Redemption Value" (CRV) beverage containers.
ALL CAPS MUST BE REMOVED FROM PLASTIC BOTTLES PRIOR TO ARRIVING AT THE RECYCLING CENTER.
We also accept donations of the following materials:
- Aluminum cans and tin cans
- Plastic bottles with resin codes #1 or #2 on the bottom (the number inside the triangle)
- Glass food and beverage containers
- Scrap metal, including appliances made of metal
- All kinds of paper: office paper, computer print out paper, newspaper, magazines, phone books, books, junk mail, cardboard, shopping bags etc...
- E-waste limited to computers, non-DLP televisions and computer monitors, cell phones, and laptops
In partnership with the Costa Mesa Sanitary District, we accept from residential consumers: cooking oil, household batteries and fluorescent light tubes and bulbs. This also includes compact fluorescent light bulbs.
We do NOT accept: furniture, auto or marine batteries, used motor oil, paint, chemicals or other hazardous waste.
For more information on household hazardous waste sites please contact the Orange County Hazardous Materials Program at 17121 Nichols Street, Huntington Beach, California (714) 834-6752
For more information about recycling please call 1-800-RECYCLE or visit our links page to find other websites about recycling.