JANUARY 26, 2018
SPECIAL EVENT - ALL WELCOME
Mu Delta Rho is the Pre-Health Honor Society of Orange Coast College. Its mission is to provide prospective students interested in obtaining future careers in the field of medicine, research and closely related studies with opportunities to advance and develop the qualities and skills essential for success. Skills such as communication skills, time management, problem solving, dedication, leadership, and respect shall be enhanced through membership.
Mu Delta Rho members will also acquire qualities such as a renewed and sincere concern for people, an enquiring mind, an interest in people and life, a rational approach to complications, an open mind in workspace, the ability to cope well under pressure, imagination, hard work, patience, determination, decisiveness, and humility. All these are qualities that characterize an exemplary health care professional.
Permanent membership is the only membership that confers transcript notation and honors graduation privileges.
Minimum Criteria for Provisional Membership:
- Currently enrolled in OCC coursework
- First semester at Orange Coast College
- Graduated high school within the previous 12 months with a final minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in grades 9-12 (attach copy of your high school transcript)
- Enrolled in at least one qualifying STEM or CTE course
Minimum Criteria for Permanent Membership:
- Currently enrolled in at least 6 units at OCC AND
- Completed at least 12 units of letter-graded, associate-level* coursework at OCC or another college with a minimumcumulative GPA of 3.50 AND
- Completed at least 12 units of qualifying coursework with letter grades and a minimum GPA of 3.0 among them (see list on application)
*Associate Level refers to courses at OCC usually numbered 100 and higher, and which can be applied toward the completion of an Associate’s degree (AA, AS, or AAT, AST); you need NOT be planning to complete an Associate degree
Qualified students may download the current applications here:
If you've already submitted the GHC General Information form once this academic year, there is no need to submit it again.