Diversity and Equity Career Resources
OCC is committed to serving ALL students. Each and every one. To that end, we offer these resources:
- DACA and Your Workplace Rights helps undocumented students understand their rights throughout the job search and hiring process.
- Life After College offers information on internship searches, networking, and resumes.
- Getting Legal Help is where you can ask about immigration options in terms of your educational and career goals.
- Pre-Health Dreamers provides information and support for undocumented students who want to pursue careers in the health care industry.
- DACA at OCC explains how students from ALL walks of life are welcomed and supported at OCC, regardless of immigration status.
- Human Rights Campaign: Workplace Information includes the Corporate Equality Index (workplace ratings related to LGBTQ+ equality).
- Out & Equal is a nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving global LGBT workplace equality.
- ProGayJobs is a job search website for LGBTQ+ friendly companies (requires registration).
- California Department of Rehabilitation is an employment and independent living resource for people with disabilities.
- U.S. Department of Labor’s Disability Resources conveys information about employment, education, benefits, civil rights and much more.
- Autism Speaks provides an employment toolkit for job seekers who are on the autism spectrum.
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN) delivers free, expert and confidential guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues.
- Ticket to Work Program is a free and voluntary program that can help Social Security beneficiaries go to work and become financially independent while keeping their Medicare or Medicaid.
- Disabled Students Program and Services (DSPS) at OCC ensures that no OCC student with a verified disability is denied the benefits of, excluded from participation in, or otherwise subjected to discrimination in an education program because of the absence of auxiliary aids or academic accommodations.
- VA.gov provides support for veterans in all stages of the job search (vocational rehabilitation and education benefits, starting your own veteran-owned small business, resources for military/veteran family members and much more).
- Transition Assistance Online: Careers for the Transitioning Military includes the Military Skills Translator, transition advice, veteran friendly companies, a job board and more
- Military.com Veteran Jobs offers a job board, transition information, job fairs, skills translator and more.
- Veterans at OCC assists veterans, reservists, service-persons and spouses or dependents of veterans with acquiring and using G.I. education benefits to help achieve educational goals. It also features employment opportunities for OCC students who are veterans.
- Women for Hire dispenses information for women in the workplace, including a job board, how to work from home and advice for job searches and interviewing.
- Feminist Jobs lists jobs and internships that progress the status of women and/or encompass passions for social justice.
- Nontraditional Training and Employment features resources for both men and women who are pursuing careers where one gender comprises fewer than 25% of the individuals employed.
- CareerOneStop’s Job Search Help for Ex-Offenders covers tips on talking about your conviction (especially during interviews or background checks), who hires ex-offenders, how to get your record expunged and more
- Jails to Jobs furnishes ex-offenders with the tools they need to find employment, including a step-by-step job search plan, tattoo removal services, free interview clothing and more.
Watson Hall, 3rd Floor
Find Out More
Fill out the form below and we will contact you with more information