WORK SITE RESPONSIBILITIES
OCC students are among the region’s top for skill level, expertise and reliability. Through internships, employers can tap into the talent pipeline in a way that supports business objectives. As the employer, you provide the learning experience and skills training, while eager students offer the necessary office, project, or department support.
Employers are invited to post their internship opportunities at Orange Coast College at no cost to the business.
Are you interested in becoming a work site and hiring an intern?
Post Your Internship Opportunities at Orange Coast College for FREE
Pirate Job Lookout
Supervisor Responsibilities for the Internship Academy
Employers who choose to participate in the Internship Academy are asked to do the following to support a successful internship experience:
- Assist student intern to identify and develop three specific learning outcomes to be achieved on the job.
- Provide written approval of the agreed-upon outcomes
- Provide input and support for student to achieve learning outcomes
- Sign student’s monthly time sheets
- Provide adequate supervision of student’s work, ensuring the student receives maximum educational benefit
- Meet with the student intern’s faculty advisor at least once during a site visit to the internship location
- Grade and evaluate in writing student’s learning outcomes at the end of the internship semester