The School of Allied Health Professions at Orange Coast College is dedicated to providing quality programs leading to opportunities in professional health careers.
The School is offering a comprehensive curriculum in medical and dental professions that provide necessary knowledge and skills with opportunities for cross training. Critical thinking, assessment, creativity, and professionalism are emphasized.
The School is committed to its students and the community by offering programs which enrich, encourage growth, lead to success and promote life-long learning.
In accordance with the mission statement, the SAHP subscribes to the following student outcomes:
- To prepare students to function as members of a health care team
- To provide effective didactic education that offers the student knowledge required of a health care professional.
- To provide the skills required to function as an allied health practitioner.
- To instill the attitudes and ethics required of an allied health professional.
In addition, the SAHP bases the student's educational expereince upon the following philosophy:
- To provide programs that reflect current knowledge, trends, and techniques.
- To provide a coordinated, structured and well rounded clinical experience.
- To provide an effective screening mechanism to encourage student success.
- To provide an appropriate number of graduates to meet the needs of the community.
- To provide guidance to students in choosing a health career.
Follow us on Twitter