Arranging Lab Hours – EC 156, EC 201/221
- Enroll in the desired class as soon as your registration period opens.
- OCC Priority registration is determined by the number of units a student has completed, having an education plan locked in, and how close they are to completing their education plan.
Requirements check list to be completed prior to first class:
- Meet all pre/co-requisites with a C grade or better prior to enrolling in course
- Up to date with the following immunizations: Influenza†, Pertussis, and Measles
- Current TB test within the last year
- Copy of driver's license
- Gain fingerprint clearance through Community Care Licensing using the form, and following directions, provided by the early childhood instructor upon enrollment. Check your OCC student email.
- Fingerprint Clearances can several weeks, start this process as soon as you get the form.
- If a student is already working in a licensed child care program, then only the fingerprint clearance number is needed – ask your director for your number.
- Bring fingerprint clearance, immunizations, TB test, and copy of driver's license to first class meeting. Students will NOT be allowed to arrange lab hours, or continue in the class, unless these requirements are met.
- Students will sign a 'criminal record statement' on the first day of class indicating whether or not they have committed a crime. An honest claim is needed since fingerprinting will also have been done. Perjuries will prevent the student from continuing in the class and is against the OCC Student Code of Conduct.
†Licensing requires that the flu shot should be administered yearly, between the months of August – December. If it's not administered during these times, individuals must sign a flu shot waiver.
Lab hours will be scheduled on the first day of class. Lab hours will begin the 2nd week of the semester.
EC 156 (Pre-requisite - HMDV 180 and EC 155)
Lab: One day a week 8:30 am -12:00 pm or 12:30-4:00 pm AND Seminar: Wednesdays 4:00-5:00 pm
EC 201: (Pre-requisites - EC 156, EC 155, EC 165, and EC 200)
EC 221: (Pre-requisites - HMDV 184, EC 156, EC 165, and EC 220 )
- It is also HIGHLY recommended that students also take EC 131, EC 132, EC 157, EC 165, and EC 130 BEFORE taking EC 201/EC 221
Lab: Two days a week (Tues/Thurs, Mon/Wed, or Wed/Fri) 8:30 am -12:00 pm or 12:30-4:00 pm AND Seminar: Wednesdays 4:00-6:00 pm
Background checks are completed on all licensed community care facilities, staff, and volunteers for the protection and welfare of the children who are receiving care in that facility. Background checks for childcare programs look at the criminal history of an individual, including a child abuse index check. Background checks are completed through the submission of fingerprints via LiveScan.