What is the Astronomy House?
The Astronomy House is a multi-purpose facility that includes:
- Study rooms with writeable whiteboard walls
- A conference room with moveable tables and chairs
- Lounge space with furniture and a TV
- A reading room housing a wide range of astronomy-related books
- A special collections display room
- The astronomy faculty office
- A kitchen and eating area
It was developed thanks to an anonymous donation to the Astronomy Department.
Who can use it?
Everyone! OCC students, staff, faculty, administrators are all welcome to gather at the Astronomy House. Students from across campus use it to study, meet friends, and hang out. Faculty and staff use it for holding meetings and workshops. (If you would like to reserve a space for official use, please make a request through 25Live.)
Where is it?
The Astronomy House is located in between Math Lecture Hall and Science Hall. It is listed as Building 40 on the campus map.