Associate of Arts Degree in Geography for Transfer
Requirements for the Associate of Arts Degree for Transfer can be found in the
College catalog. There are many benefits to students for completing the transfer degree in Geography:
- Creates an Associate Degree for Transfer that guarantees admission with junior standing to the California State University system (if you meet GPA requirements).
- Provides priority admission consideration to the local California State University campus and to a program or major that is similar to the major or area of emphasis studied at community college.
- Prohibits the California State University from requiring students to repeat courses that are similar to those completed at your community college as part of your Associate Degree for Transfer
- Prohibits the California State University from requiring students to take more than 60 units to complete a 120-unit baccalaureate degree.
- Reduces the need to take unnecessary courses, thereby shortening the time to complete degrees and reducing students' costs at the community college and California State University.
- Eliminates confusion caused by different and shifting major preparation requirements that can vary by each California State University campus.
For more information about the Geography classes that are needed for transfer and acceptance to specific CSU and UC schools,
please visit the ASSIST website.
CSULB Geography Department
SDSU Geography Department
CSUF Geography Department
UCLA Geography Department
UCSB Geography Department
CSUN Geography Department
CSULA Geography Department
CSUH Geography Department