Empty Vessel – Amir Zaki
Sept. 19-Dec. 5, 2019
- Preview reception: Thursday, Sept. 19, 5-7 p.m.
- Events on Saturday, Sept. 21: artist-led exhibition tour and book signing, 2-3 p.m. and opening reception, 3-5 p.m.
- Artist talk by Amir Zaki, Wednesday, Oct. 16, 12:30 PM
Empty Vessel is an ambitious exhibition that features a new body of work by Amir Zaki that creates a tension between the fragility of broken ceramic vessels and the solidity of quintessential, California, concrete skateparks. It is accompanied by Zaki's first internationally distributed monograph, published by Merrell Publishers.
Brochure for Amir Zaki
Press release for Empty Vessel - Amir Zaki
Press Architect’s Newspaper, DeZeen, Wallpaper, Wired, Los Angeles Times
Flag Sail Wing: New Collages by Richard Kraft
Oct. 24-Dec. 5, 2019
- Reception: Thursday, Oct. 24, 5-7 p.m.
- Artist-led exhibition tour: Thursday, Nov. 14, 12:30
A new series of large-scale collages by Richard Kraft is premiered that incorporate excised comic book images and texts from literature. His multi-disciplinary approach (which incorporates photography, video, collage, drawing and performance) seeks to interrupt the world around us so that incongruities, paradoxes, and multiplicity of meaning might yield a new orientation to the familiar.
Brochure for Richard Kraft
Press release for Richard Kraft
Press for Kraft Los Angeles Times