Continued Enrollment (Good Standing)
In order to be considered active members of the Honors Program and in good standing, students must::
- Hold themselves at all times to the highest standards of honesty and integrity, both inside and outside of the classroom. Conduct themselves personally at all times according to the policies of the campus and Honors Program. Remain in good standing at all times with the OCC Dean of Student Services' Office.
- Incidents of reported academic dishonesty or violations of campus conduct policies, if any, are not pending disciplinary action and have been resolved without temporary or permanent dismissal from the college.
- Maintain the required minimum cumulative GPA* in all transferable coursework; Avoid Incomplete grades that carry the potential for disqualification (IB, IC, ID, IF, or INP); or, obtain a recommendation for continued participation from an honors counselor
- Successfully complete at least one honors course within one year of admission to the Program; or, obtain a recommendation for continued participation from an honors counselor if this requirement has not been met
- Meet with an honors counselor at least once per year (we strongly recommend that students meet with their honors counselor at least once per semester)
- Be continuously enrolled at OCC, or file a petition for “Leave of Absence” status with the Academic Honors Office, stating the reasons for the request
The Orange Coast College Honors Program : Creating a Community of Scholars