The Giles T. Brown Symposium seeks to engage students in academic and artistic exploration and inquiry while fostering the spirit of collaboration and community. The new design should reflect these values while meeting the following specifications. Specifications
- Stationary (non-moving) image
- High Resolution (minimum 300dpi)
- Aspect ratio: Cinemascope (21:9)
- Submission format: pdf, png, jpeg
- Those submitting digital creations should provide source files
- Required Colors:
- #0A5877 – rgb (10, 88, 119)
- #49A6B7 – rgb (73, 166, 183)
- #C6E3CC – rgb (198, 227, 204)
- #ECAB2B – rgb (236, 171, 43)
- Artist may include additional colors
- Incorporate either phrasing in design:
- Giles T. Brown Symposium
- OCC Student Project and Research Symposium
- Animation/gif in addition to a stationary image
- Multiple submissions are allowed
Submit to Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf0ogCsJcq5XUGUV7WlyeCoZ-T9qLjc0DYFIN8scTw1MFGisQ/viewform
Only students of Orange Coast College are eligible for this contest and its scholarship.
All designs submitted by 11:59 pm on February 14, 2021 along with a Signed Release Form will be considered by the Design Contest Sub-committee.
The Design Contest Sub-committee will select the finalists and present them to the Giles T. Brown Committee, which will then choose the official winner.
$200 Scholarship for the Winner
The winner of the contest will receive a $200 scholarship and will have their design unveiled at the Giles T. Brown Symposium on March 19, 2021.
The Giles T. Brown Symposium reserves the right to not use the winning design.