Leer en Espanol
OCC students can take a UC Irvine course for FREE Online through UCI’s CalTeach program!
Occ students are invited to cross-enroll in PS5 (PY SCI 5) Introduction to Science and Mathematics Teaching. 3 units. This course will provide you with opportunities to experience hands-on and engaging math and science lessons, and give you and opportunity to observe and teach a lesson in an elementary school. You can view the course description here.
Process to Enroll:
- 1. Complete the Interest Form and receive the Cross Enrollment Form
- 2. Complete electronic Cross Enrollment Form
- 3. Attend a Calteach Workshop to hear to UC Irvine representative *RSVP dates/times below!
- 4. Get cross-enrollment approval from OCC's Office of Enrollment
- 5. UCI DCE (Department of Cont. Education) enrolls you in the course
- 6. UCI PS5 professor contacts you with more information
The course begins September 23, 2021 and is being offered:
Section A: Tu/Th 3:30 - 4:50 pm (in-person at UCI)
Section B: Th 5-7:50pm (in-person at UCI)
Section C: Th 5 - 7:50 (remote: synchronous zoom sessions)
Join us for a workshop on:
Friday, September 1st at 1:00 PM - RSVP
Wednesday, September 8th at 12:00 PM - RSVP