Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Home > Enrollment Center > BankMobile Refund Information

BankMobile Refund Information

​​Higher One is now BankMobile!

This page contains important information to help you make an informed decision regarding your financial aid disbursements and refunds.

Who will be sent the mailer from BankMobile?

All students who enroll in classes at Orange Coast College are sent this mailer so that the student may select a fee refund/financial aid disbursement preference. (Concurrently Enrolled High School students ​will not receive the mailer)

Why am I receiving a mailer from BankMobile?

 In order for Orange Coast College to be able to disburse financial aid awards and/or process refunds for enrollment fees paid by cash, check or credit card in person at the campus, the Coast Colleges District has contracted with BankMobile to facilitate refunds and disbursements. This mailer is used to select a refund preference.

How Do I Select a Refund Preference?

Log in to BankMobile Vibe to activate your preferred disbursement method. You will use the personal code provided in the mailer to select a refund preference for Financial Aid Disbursements and/or if you paid your registration fees by cash, check, or in-person credit card transaction and are eligible for a refund.

What Are My Refund Options?

There are three refund options.
1. Direct deposit into your personal bank account.
2. Paper check sent to you through the mail.
3. Open a checking account with Bank Mobile

What happens if I don’t log in and select a refund/disbursement preference?

If you do not log in and select a refund/disbursement preference, BankMobile will mail a paper check to you no sooner than 21 days after your refund is disbursed. Regardless of whether you anticipate receiving a refund or not, it is important to select your refund preference as soon as you receive the mailer so that you do not have to wait for your money.

What is the BankMobile Vibe Account? Do I need to have one?

When you are selecting a refund/disbursement preference, one option will be to open an account with Bank Mobile. The BankMobile Vibe Account is an account relationship between you and BankMobile, and NOT managed or operated by the Coast Community College District.  If you choose to open a BankMobile checking account, please read the Terms & Conditions, and applicable Fee Schedule carefully. You DO NOT need to open a BankMobile Vibe account to receive your disbursement or refund.

Can I use my BankMobile Card at any ATM?

         The BankMobile Vibe Debit Card can be used at any All Point ATM. ATM's outside the All Point network may incur fees.  (See the Fee Schedule for fee information).

What are the fees associated with the Bank Mobile bank account and MasterCard debit card?

Please visit the BankMobile Fee Schedule for specific fee information.

How long will it take to receive my funds once I have selected my preferred refund method?

Once the college has disbursed your financial aid funds (see disbursement dates) or your refund (see refund dates), BankMobile will distribute your funds as follows:
  • BankMobile Vibe account—same business day
  • Direct deposit to your own checking or savings account—2-3 business days
  • Paper Check—5-7 days

What if I didn’t receive the Bank Mobile mailer?

The BankMobile mailer is mailed to the mailing address on file. If you did not receive the mailer, please verify and/or update your current mailing address on MyOCC. Once your mailing address is confirmed, email to request a new personal code.
Please note: High School students will not receive mailer. They will automatically receive paper checks in the mail (if they paid by check or cash and are eligible for a refund).
Students with a mailing address outside of the United States will not receive a mailer. Once a U.S. mailing address is provided then a mailer will be sent.

What if I lost my card or need a replacement?

If you have selected the BankMobile Vibe refund option, you can log into BankMobile Vibe and order a new card. It will be mailed to the address that BankMobile has on file.


Where can I check to see if my refund or financial aid disbursement is ready?

Check your student G-mail account. An email will be sent to you whenever a refund/disbursement has been processed.

Can’t find your answer here? Go online to get help.  Click on the EasyHelp link at the top of the Schedule of Fees  page to find answers to most of your questions or call the Answer Center during normal business hours at (714) 432-5072.