The Coast District utilizes Waitlists for closed classes!
Note: Waitlist notifications will not be sent out during Winter Break -December 19, 2013 through January 1, 2014. Waitlist notifications will resume January 2, 2014.
How Waitlists Work:
- If a class is closed, you may register yourself on the waitlist anytime on or after your registration appointment time.
- If a seat becomes available in that course, the next student on the waitlist will be notified via their MyOCC student Gmail.
- Students will then have 24 hours from the time the notification is sent, to register and pay for the class or they will be dropped from the waitlist and the next student on the waitlist will be notified.
- Waitlist notifications are sent out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays.
- If you are on a waitlist be sure to check for a notification at least twice a day (morning and evening).
- High School students are not permitted to waitlist classes.
- Drop for Non-Payment applies to all classes including waitlist classes. If you are dropped for non-payment waitlist classes will be dropped
- If you are dropped from the waitlist you may add yourself back onto the waitlist.
- You will be added to the bottom of the waitlist when you re-add your name to the list.
MAKE SURE TO CHECK YOUR MyOCC STUDENT GMAIL ACCOUNT ON A REGULAR BASIS at least twice a day (morning and evening)!
Note: If the class you want to take at OCC is full, especially mathematics, check offerings at one of the District’s other colleges - Golden West and Coastline.
The following rules apply for students who wish to enroll on a wait list:
- A student may only enroll in one wait list class section per course title (ex. only one section of ENGL A100 class.
- For lecture/lab classes, the student will only be able to enroll on the wait list for the lab section. If a seat opens in the lab, the student can register for the lab and lecture at the same time.
- A student will not be permitted to enroll on a wait list if he/she is enrolled in another section of the same course.
- A student will be permitted to enroll on a wait list only if he/she meets the enforced prerequisite/co-requisite for the class.
- The wait list will be turned off 24 hours prior to the start of the term class start date and no new students will be permitted to register on the waitlist.
- The drop for non-payment policy applies to all registration. Waitlist classes will dropped along with enrolled classes.
- If you add a class after receiving a wait list notification be sure to pay any fees immediately to avoid being dropped for non-payment. View Non-Payment Drop Policy
School of Allied Health Professions programs have a separate acceptance process. Classes in these programs cannot be waitlisted. Click here for theConsumer and Health Science web page for more information.
Click the link for How To Use Waitlists for detailed instructions.