Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Home > Enrollment Center > Registration > Holds Information
Holds Information

General Holds Information:

Any hold that prevents registration which is placed on a student account within the Coast Community College District (Coastline College, Golden West College or Orange Coast College) will prevent a student from adding classes, dropping classes on MyOCC and from obtaining student records. It is the student's responsibility to clear holds in a timely manner. 
Holds for parking tickets, Library fines/materials, equipment, returned checks etc. must be resolved with the department that placed the hold.
For holds due to enrollment fees see the information below: 

Current Students:

If you have a registration fee hold on your account you may pay the fee balance via your MyOCC account using a Visa, Master Card or Discover Card. Fees may also be paid on campus. Check payments are accepted in the Enrollment Center on the first floor of Watson Hall. Cash payments are accepted in the Bursar's office located between Watson Hall and the Student Center. The hold release process runs nightly and you will be able to add or drop classes after 5 am the next day. OCC does not manually release fee holds. Students are responsible for verifying that the drop was successful by printing a “Student Class Program/Web Schedule Bill”.
If you are attempting to “Drop” a class and cannot due to a hold you may mail a Student Course Withdrawal Form (postmarked by US Postmaster) by the withdrawal deadline date to:
Orange Coast College
Attn: Registration
PO Box 5005
Costa Mesa, CA 92628-5005

OCC recommends that you send your request via certified mail to ensure that it is postmarked by the deadline date.

If you are unable to drop a class online or postmark a mailed request by the withdrawal deadline, you MUST send an email by the deadline date to with the following information:
Your Name
Student ID number
The course you are attempting to drop
An explanation of why you cannot drop on MyOCC
We will contact you the next business day

Former Students:

You may pay an outstanding fee balance by printing, completing and returning the Credit Card Payment Authorization form. The form may be emailed ( faxed or mailed to OCC. The payment will be processed the next business day after the form is received. Holds will be released after the payment has successfully processed.
If you need information about the amount owed please contact the Answer Center at 714 432-5072 during business hours.