Register for classes using the MyOCC student portal!
- Registration is by appointment
- Appointments are posted a couple weeks before registration begins.
- Log in to MyOCC to view registration appointment dates/times (Student Tab>Registration Tools>Registration Status).
- Register for Open Classes
- Waitlist Full Classes
- Students may enroll into a total of 19 units within the Coast District (OCC, GWC and Coastline). Students interested in taking more than 19 units may petition for overload with the Counseling Office on the 3rd floor of Watson Hall.
- Registration fees are due at the time of registration.
- Submitted payments immediately after registering for classes.
- Students are responsible for verifying all class registration and fee balances/payments.
- Verify all adds, drops and payments by printing your Student Class Program on MyOCC (Student tab>Other Resources).
- Be sure to drop any classes that you do not plan to attend.
- Failure to pay fees may result in classes being dropped and released to other students (see Non-Payment Drop Policy).
- All students, including students receiving financial aid, must ensure that they have a zero balance to avoid being dropped for non-payment.
- Courses added after the start of the term will not be dropped for non-payment.
- Unpaid fees will result in a hold being placed on your record.
- If fees remain unpaid the outstanding fee balance is subject to collection and a $25.00 collection fee.
- If you have any questions about your fee balance, please contact (714) 432-5072
AFTER THE SEMESTER STARTS:
If you are enrolled in classes when the term begins you are responsible for all fees assessed. Drop any classes that your are not attending before the State mandated refund deadline for each class.
Verify all adds, drops and payments by printing your Student Class Program on MyOCC (Student tab>Other Resources).
Pay your fees securely via the MyOCC portal by Credit Card or Debit Card (with a MasterCard/Visa symbol. This is the best payment method to secure your classes.
If you are a recipient of one of the following, it is important you contact the number listed below PRIOR to your initial registration:
- NON-OCC Scholarship: (714) 432-5645
- Veterans Benefits: (714) 432-5771 (Tuition Assist. & Vocational Rehab only)
- Calif. Dept. of Rehabilitation Benefits: (714) 432-5807 (Disabled Students Center)
- CalWORKS: (714) 432-5636
- CARE Program: (714) 432-0202 ext. 26266
BOG Fee Waiver Recipients:
The BOGFW fee waivers post immediately at the time of registration. The BOGFW fee waiver does NOT cover the Health Fee, College Service Charge or Materials Fees. BOGFW recipients are required to pay these fees. BOGFW recipients will be dropped for non-payment if the assessed fees are not paid by the posted deadlines. (Non-Payment Drop Policy)
Financial Aid Students: (Grants and Loans)
Students that are determined to be eligible for Federal or State Grants or Loans May NOT be dropped for non-payment. that are determined to be eligible for Federal or State Grants or Loans May NOT be dropped for non-payment. Financial aid students not subject to drop for non-payment will receive an email indicating they will not be dropped for non-payment. Those students are responsible for dropping any classes they do not intend to take and verifying the drop by printing the “Student Class Program/Web Schedule bill. Once the financial aid award has been posted to the students account, students with a fee balance will be able to pay the balance through their MyOCC account. Students will be notified after the semester begins if they have a balance due. If you do not receive this email, you are responsible for paying your fees, or you may be dropped for non-payment. Applying for Financial Aid does not mean that you qualify for or receive financial aid.
Contact the Financial Aid Office if you have questions about your financial aid.
Once you have registered for courses, you can conveniently Purchase a Parking Permit Online using your Credit Card anytime during the semester. Computers are available on campus in Watson Hall to order parking permits. Parking Permits are mailed the next business day after receipt of payment.
Note: Parking Permits ARE NOT available for pick up on campus.
Log onto your MyOCC account and click on Purchase an OCC Parking Decal link on the home tab. Complete the online form and use your credit card to pay the $30.00* fee. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and the parking permit will be mailed to you the next business day. If you do not receive the parking permit within 7 business days from the payment date contact Campus Safety at (714) 432-5017.
To purchase a Parking Permit using check or cash, check the COD box on the order payment page. You may submit check payments by mail or in person in the Enrollment Center on the 1st floor of Watson Hall. Cash payments may be submitted at the Bursars Office.
BOGFW waiver recipients pay $30.00 for parking permits. BOGFW applications must be on file, approved and processed by the Financial Aid Office at least one day prior to purchasing the parking permit.
Closed/Open class information:
Classes are limited and will fill quickly, so in order to maximize results, register at your assigned appointment time. Online registration is fast, convenient, and secure.
Be Prepared!!! Select plenty of alternates before you register. Open/Closed/Cancelled class information is available on the online class schedule.
Closed Classes: If a class does not have seats available on the online class schedule, the class has reached maximum capacity. If a waitlist is available add yourself to the wait list. If a wait list is not available then OCC recommends that you continue to check the seating availability on the online schedule, since classes often reopen during the active registration period (until the course starts).
The Coast District utilizes wait lists for closed classes!
How wait lists works:
If a class is closed, you may register yourself on the wait list anytime on or after your registration appointment time. If a seat becomes available in that course, the next student on the wait list will be notified via their MyOCC student email. Students will then have 24 hours to register and pay for the class or they will be dropped from the wait list and the next student on the wait list will be notified. Click Here for Wait List Information
Beginning the week the class begins:
Check the status of the class on the Class Schedule available on the Orange Coast College website.
If the class status is "Open" you may enroll into the class.
If the class status is "Waitlisted" you may add yourself to the waitlist. You should then go to the first class meeting (or subsequent class meeting) to request an add permit (ex: Class meets M & W, you missed the Monday class meeting, then go to the Wednesday class meeting)
If the class status is "Auth Reqd" go to the first class meeting (or subsequent class meeting) to request an add permit (ex: Class meets M & W, you missed the Monday class meeting, then go to the Wednesday class meeting)
Add Permits/Instructor Permission:
Classes that have a status on the online class schedule of "Waitlisted" or "Auth Reqd" require instructor permission to add the class. To obtain instructor permission go to the first class meeting (or subsequent class meeting) or email the instructor if the course is an online course. If space is available, the instructor may give you an ADD PERMIT with an ADD AUTHORIZATION CODE (AAC). Enroll in the course via MyOCC following the instructions on the add permit.
NOTE: the registration system will not prompt you for an AAC until the course begins.
Tuition Pay (Installment Plan is not available for Summer sessions) Fall & Spring Terms only.
Students interested in making payments for tuition and fees, can visit the Tuition Pay website
for information on how to sign up for an installment plan. Students who chose to sign up must do so within 48 hours of registration to avoid being dropped from classes. Tuition Pay requires a down payment plus a $25 non-refundable application fee per semester. This service is only available for the fall and spring semesters.