Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Home > Enrollment Center > Admissions > Current High School Students

Current High School Students

Dual Enrollment at Orange Coast College offers current high school students the opportunity to earn college credit and get a head start on their education and career goals. Taking classes at OCC is for high school students in grades 9-12. Units earned may be used towards a degree (Certificate or Associate's) or can be transferred to other colleges/universities. Best of all, high school students do not have to pay the per unit enrollment fee. 

Interested students should check out the class schedule to view the latest course offerings.

Steps to Getting Started

Helpful Videos

How to Read the Class Schedule

How to Use the Class Schedule Search

How to Check and Clear a Prerequisite

How to Register

Things to Consider:

High school students must meet all course pre-requisites and necessary qualifications prior to registering for the course designated on their form. Consult the current class schedule or College Catalog for course prerequisites and other requirements.

Not all courses offered at Orange Coast College are available to high school students. Please contact us at to verify eligible courses.

High school students have the opportunity to enroll in a maximum of six units each semester (3 units max for summer and winter intersession). 

Enrolling in college courses creates a permanent record (college transcript). Students should plan to study a minimum of two hours each week for each hour of class time (unit).

The University of California recognizes college semester-length courses of 3-semester units as equivalent to 10 credits earned in an eligible one-year high school course. Exception: The first semester of a college level foreign language course is considered to be equivalent to the first two years of high school foreign language (20 credits).

Students planning to apply coursework taken at OCC toward college or university admission or progress toward a degree should contact the respective institutions regarding their policies for prior coursework.

Questions? Contact us at