Admission to Orange Coast College is granted to those applicants who meet at least one of the following requirements:
- High school graduation.
- Certificate of Proficiency or a G.E.D. from the State of California.
- Attainment of 18 years of age and who, in the judgment of college officials, is capable of profiting from instruction at our college.
- Enrollment in the 11th or 12th grade and recommendation for advanced academic or vocational college level study.
Students enrolled as 11th or 12th grade students may enroll for courses at Orange Coast College under provisions of the Education Code, sections 76001 or 76001.5, and in accordance with the district's policy and the following guidelines:
- Students must be enrolled as 11th or 12th grade students at their schools.
- The course is an advanced academic or vocational experience for the student and not available at their regular school.
- Students must have an Early Start Petition form, signed by the principal or the designee of their school, recommending the specific course or courses.
Orange Coast College is an equal opportunity employer and community college, and does not discriminate against students, employees or any other person on the basis of ethnicity, gender, disability or any other class protected by State and Federal Laws. Orange Coast College is committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural, diverse environment.