Service and Leadership Awards take place at Honors Night each May to recognize the accomplishments and contributions of outstanding students who have distinguished themselves as leaders within student organizations, clubs, and other co-curricular programs. Applications will be available Spring 2019.
To qualify for a Service & Leadership Award, you must meet all of the following minimum requirements:
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 5 units in either the Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 semester at Orange Coast College (OCC).
- Hold a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher at OCC (please note that leadership awards require a higher GPA; see next page for additional details).
- Be in good standing with the OCC Dean of Students Office.
- Have paid the OCC College Service Charge for the semester(s) in which you are/were enrolled.
- Provided service and/or leadership at OCC for a minimum of 20 hours during 2018-2019 academic year.
- Complete the electronic application. Incomplete or handwritten applications will not be accepted. This includes providing the name of the program for which you volunteered or were a leader, the name of your advisor, phonetic pronunciation of your entire name, etc. Please type "N/A" if there is no information for any section.
- Complete and submit an application for each service (volunteer) or leadership position in which you have been involved in during 2018-2019 academic year.
- Please email this form by Wednesday, March 13, 2019 to your advisor so they may fill it out electronically.
- Complete the electronic application. Incomplete or handwritten applications will not be accepted. This includes providing the name of the program for which the student volunteered or was a leader.
- For leadership awards:
- Mark only one of the three leadership award options.
- Include a brief evaluation highlighting this student's service to OCC and how they have demonstrated their leadership abilities.
- Be sure the completed form and the student evaluation are submitted to the ASOCC Office by March 20, 2019 by 5:00 pm either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person.
Levels and Criteria
Minimum Qualifications for all Awards
- 2.0 grade point average at OCC
- Enrolled in 5 units in either fall or spring semester at OCC
- Be in good standing with the OCC Dean of Students Office
- Paid the OCC College Service Charge
|Silver Certificate for Service||Gold Certificate for Service|
- 20-69 hours of voluntary service to OCC
- 70 or more hours of voluntary service to OCC
Student Leader Award
- Minimum of 70 hours of voluntary service to OCC
- 2.5 minimum grade point average at OCC
- Meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Organized an event, campaign, or activity
- Taken a leadership role as documented and defined by the advisor
Robert B. Moore Outstanding Student Leader Award
- Minimum of 150 hours of voluntary service to OCC
- 3.0 minimum grade point average at OCC
- Made a major contribution to OCC that affects large numbers of students or made a long-term change
- Submitted documentation of participation in at least two programs at OCC (i.e. advisor's letter, club/program records)
- Benefited current and future OCC students
Robert B. Moore Repeat Recipient (in addition to the above criteria)
- 3.25 minimum grade point average at OCC
Joseph R. Kroll Student Leader of the Year Award and Scholarship
- Qualify for a Robert B. Moore Outstanding Student Leader Award
- 3.5 minimum grade point average at OCC
- Submitted documentation of leadership role in at least two programs at OCC (i.e. advisor's letter, club/program records)
- Additional consideration will be given if you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Been involved in several programs
- Shown ongoing commitment through prior involvement
- Exhibited evidence of academic excellence
Joseph R. Kroll Repeat Recipient (in addition to the above criteria)
- Provide significant leadership role in at least one program that is different from the year for which you previously received the Joseph R. Kroll Student Leader of the Year Award
Please use the web browser Internet Explorer to open and save the Service and Leadership Application.
Contact the ASOCC Office at 714-432-5730 or email@example.com.