Impacts from state budget cuts:
- Reduced number of classes offered.
- Enrollment fee increase - from $36 to $46 per unit.
- Delays in services and reduced hours of operation.
OCC Students... Budget times are tough. We'll get through it.
Ten Tips to Help:
- Read your student email. Important updates and information will be sent periodically. Check your email often. For instructions on how to forward your student email to your personal email account.
- Plan ahead. Make sure you have a Student Education Plan (SEP) on file and know what you need to take before your registration date. Have second and third options ready in case the class you want is full.
- Register during your scheduled appointment time. Registration appointments are posted on your MyOCC account and an email will be sent once they are available.
- Pay your fees/account balance the same day you register so you don’t get dropped for non-payment. Even if you are on financial aid, make sure you have a zero balance before you sign out of MyOCC.
- Use the waitlist. If the class you want is full, place yourself on the waitlist and check your email twice daily. If a seat opens, you will be notified via your student email.
- Print your Student Class Program. This is your official receipt of registration and fee payment.
- Leave seats for other students. Don’t register for classes you don’t need.
- Buy or rent books online from the bookstore as soon as you’ve registered and paid your fees.
- Be prepared. Arrive early the first day of class and print a campus map ahead of time so you’ll know where your class is located.
- Maintain full-time status to ensure that you will complete your goals quickly.
Students, you have a voice!
Contact your legislators to express your opinions regarding the current budget crisis. You CAN make a difference. Use the links below to find a sample letter to send to your legislators.
Find out how to contact your California legislators at: http://www.legislature.ca.gov