Service and Leadership Awards take place at Honors Night each May to recognize the accomplishments and contributions of outstanding students who have distinguished themselves as leaders within student organizations, clubs, and other co-curricular programs. All award recipients will be recognized at Honors Night on Wednesday, May 13, 2020.
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. March 11, 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
To qualify for a Service & Leadership Award, you must meet all of the following minimum requirements:
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 5 units in either the Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 semester at Orange Coast College (OCC).
- Hold a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher at OCC (please note that leadership awards require a higher GPA; see next page for additional details).
- Be in good standing with the OCC Dean of Students Office.
- Have paid the OCC College Service Charge for the semester(s) in which you are/were enrolled.
- Provided service and/or leadership at OCC for a minimum of 20 hours during 2018-2019 academic year.
Please use the following link to open the Service and Leadership Application.
- New this year - The ASOCC Office will email you the applications of students who listed you as their advisor and a link to the Advisor Recommendation Form. Complete the electronic form via the Formstack link proved on the email.
- For Service Awards only
- Mark the service type of award
- No letter of recommendation is needed
- Be sure the completed form is submitted to the ASOCC Office by March 19, 2020 by 11:59 p.m.
- For Leadership Awards:
- Mark only one of the three leadership award options
- Include a brief evaluation highlighting this student's service to OCC and how they have demonstrated their leadership abilities (there is a spot for this on the linked form)
- Be sure the completed forms are submitted to the ASOCC Office by March 19, 2020 by 11:59 p.m.
Levels and Criteria
Minimum Qualifications for all Awards
- 2.0 grade point average at OCC
- Enrolled in 5 units in either fall or spring semester at OCC
- Be in good standing with the OCC Dean of Students Office
- Paid the OCC College Service Charge
|Silver Certificate for Service||Gold Certificate for Service|
- 20-69 hours of voluntary service to OCC
- 70 or more hours of voluntary service to OCC
Student Leader Award
- Minimum of 70 hours of voluntary service to OCC
- 2.5 minimum grade point average at OCC
- Meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Organized an event, campaign, or activity
- Taken a leadership role as documented and defined by the advisor
Robert B. Moore Outstanding Student Leader Award
- Minimum of 150 hours of voluntary service to OCC
- 3.0 minimum grade point average at OCC
- Made a major contribution to OCC that affects large numbers of students or made a long-term change
- Submitted documentation of participation in at least two programs at OCC (i.e. advisor's letter, club/program records)
- Benefited current and future OCC students
Robert B. Moore Repeat Recipient (in addition to the above criteria)
- 3.25 minimum grade point average at OCC
Joseph R. Kroll Student Leader of the Year Award and Scholarship
- Qualify for a Robert B. Moore Outstanding Student Leader Award
- 3.5 minimum grade point average at OCC
- Submitted documentation of leadership role in at least two programs at OCC (i.e. advisor's letter, club/program records)
- Additional consideration will be given if you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Been involved in several programs
- Shown ongoing commitment through prior involvement
- Exhibited evidence of academic excellence
Joseph R. Kroll Repeat Recipient (in addition to the above criteria)
- Provide significant leadership role in at least one program that is different from the year for which you previously received the Joseph R. Kroll Student Leader of the Year Award
Contact the ASOCC Office at 714-432-5730 or firstname.lastname@example.org.