If you have completed one of the items below and submit the Clearance Request form, you do NOT have to take the placement test. Start by filling out the form and then attaching supporting documents (i.e. transcripts, test scores) that indicate you have completed one of the items below.
We encourage you to submit the Clearance Request Form well before your registration date. You can check your registration date by going to MyOCC under Student Tab>Registration Tools>Registration Status & Checklist.
- Other Community College Placement Test Results. You have taken a placement test at an accredited Community College within the last two years (excludes ESL).
- EAP/ CAASP/SBAC Results. You have taken these tests and received the following scores : EAP=Ready, CAASP= Status Exceeded, and SBAC English 2682+ or Math 2718+.
- AP Scores. You have received a score of "3" or above on an AP Calculus AB or BC exam. Likewise, students who have received a score of "3" or above on an AP English Literature or English Language and Composition exam.
- To access your AP results please go to www.collegeboard.org. Click on the "AP" tab at the top of the page. Sign in with your account or create a new account.
- Successful Completion of Courses. Students who have successfully completed an English or Math course from an accredited college or university that is considered equivalent at Orange Coast College.
Clearance Request Forms may take up to 3-5 days as all forms must be processed in the order they are received.