Orange Coast College will be in compliance with AB 705, which intends to maximize the success of students in entering and completing transfer-level English and math within one year.
Based on research, it is evident that students are more likely to complete transfer level math and English if directly placed into those courses. Further, high school performance is a much stronger predictor of success and appropriate placement rather than assessment test instruments.
Starting the Fall 2019 semester, students (new and continuing) will have access to register for transfer-level English and math courses.
Effective Spring 2019
Effective Fall 2019
- Assistance with applying to the college
- Access and assistance to complete the online orientation
- Assistance with registering for classes
- Clearance of prerequisites
- Proctor placement tests for Chemistry A180 and Spanish by appointment