EOPS - End of Semester Reminders
1. Please complete your 3 appointments and if you have, thank you!!!!!
2. If you graduating or transferring, please come in and fill out an Exit Form with a EOPS counselor. EOPS graduation luncheon is May 6th and without the exit form completed, you will not receive your invite or cap and gown for graduation.
3. If you have completed your Exit Form, please look for an email next week with instructions on revieveing cap and gown. Please save the date, May 6th for the EOPS Luncheon celebration, details to to follow.
4. Are you are taking a Summer Class?? If, so,please bring in your summer class schedule to receive summer books ASAP. J
5. Please check your Fall priority registration date on your MyOCC- It should be posted approximately May 16, 2016.
6. After it is posted, your EOPS Fall Priority Registration date should be June 13, 2016.
EOPS Graduation Luncheon
Re-Scheduled to Friday, May 6th
EOPS 411 April-May
Walking Graduation? Transferring?
If you are planing on Walking Graduation or Transferring, you must meet with your Counselor.
To be eligible for Graduation, and to sign up for Cap & Gown and Merit Awards, please fill out EXIT FORM when meeting with your counselor.
Free academic and emotional support for OCC Students struggling with the anxiety of Math 005, 008 or 010.
Two support/study groups meet each week (for the entire semester) on Monday and Tuesday from 4-6pm in C&L 106
UC Irvine School of Pre-Law Outreach Program (POP)
Six Saturday sessions offers assistance and answers questions for disadvantaged undergraduate students interested in practice law.
OCC Spring 2016
Study Skills & Personal Development Workshops
April 12th- May 19th
Printable PDF Spring 2016 Calendar
EOPS Students Now Eligible For CalFresh
The California Department of Social Services has issued All County Letter 15-70, which clarifies that students enrolled in Extended Opportunity Programs and Service (EOPS) qualify for an exemption that makes them eligible to receive CalFresh, formerly known as food stamps. According to the letter, state policy prohibits students enrolled at least half-time, from receiving food stamps unless they comply with certain eligibility requirements. The ACL clarifies that enrollment in EOPS qualifies an otherwise CalFresh-eligible student for the CalFresh exemption.
This is a positive development for the over 75,000 students enrolled in EOPS in California who attend community college. EOPS assists eligible low-income and educationally disadvantaged students to achieve academic success by offering support services to enhance persistence, retention, graduation and transfer goals. In addition to EOPS, the letter specifies that students enrolled in the Job Training Partnership Act are also qualifies an otherwise CalFresh-eligible student for the CalFresh exemption.
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship Program
This scholarship assists community college transfer students to complete their bachelor degrees by transferring to a selective four-year college or university. Each year, the Foundation provides up to $40,000 per year to each of approximately 85 deserving students selected annually.
Application deadline and selective criteria are found on the link below.