Coast College Scholarships are funded by generous donors to the Orange
Coast College Foundation. For information on how you can make a
scholarship donation to support OCC students please contact the Foundation Office.
Orange Coast College scholarships are for current
OCC students in all disciplines. Your scholarship application must be
fully completed and electronically submitted by the deadline date. Be sure to read the Application Instructions below before applying.
OCC Scholarship Applications are open from mid-December until the end of February.
The 2018/19 OCC Scholarship Applications are currently closed.
- Fill out the online application and follow the application instructions.
application will automatically be applied to qualified general
scholarships. However, there may be a few additional scholarships that
you may be qualified for, which require an additional essay as it
pertains to that particular scholarship. Please follow the application
instructions if you wish to apply for these additional scholarships. Be
sure to apply every academic year from mid-December until the end of
- Within the application, two references are required. OCC Faculty, Staff, or administrators is preferred.
- Once you've entered their email address, the system will automatically send them your request. They fill out the form electronically. Once they submit the form the system will upload to your scholarship application. You can log in to your application and check any time before the deadline date to see if your recommenders have completed your Reference Form. Deadline to submit is the same as the scholarship deadline. Make sure you ask them early.
- Personal Essay --REQUIRED.
- Type your Personal Essay directly onto your application. However, it would be better if you gather your thoughts then type it on a Word document and copy and paste in to the scholarship application.
- Limit your essay between 500 to 800 words using 12 pt. font.
- Some ideas to include in your essay: educational and personal goals, life history,
significant obstacles you have overcome, achievements you have succeeded, personal and financial needs
that are unique to you, or any special circumstances that have had a
significant impact on your academic performance. Any additional information you feel will help us know you better. Emphasize events that have negatively or positively affected your cumulative grade point average.
Criteria For Scholarships
Applying as a Continuing Students:
- Must returning to OCC Fall of 2018
- Completed at least 12 units with letter grades at OCC by the end of the Fall 2017
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better
- Completed a minimum of six (6) units during the Spring semester 2018 with at least a 3.0 semester GPA
Applying as a Transfer Students:
Must transfer to a four-year institution in the Fall 2018 or to a program not offered at OCC where a certificate or degree can be received. If you aren't sure you will be transferring, check with an OCC Counselor
- Have completed 42 units or more by the end of the Fall 2017, with at least 24 units of those units completed at OCC
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better
- Complete a minimum of six (6) units during the Spring semester 2018 with at least a 3.0 semester GPA
- Have not previously applied as a "Transfer" student
- Application Deadline is midnight on 2/28/2018
- Applicants will be notified by mail and email of scholarship status in late April 2018
- Honors Night event is mandatory. Scholarship award is given at Honors Night. Selected recipient is invited to attend Honors Night event on Wednesday evening, May 9, 2018. Your award may be forfeited if you do not attend
- Instructions to receive the scholarship award will be mailed in June 2018
- Disbursement starts in September 2018 for the 2018/2019 academic year
- Disbursement of scholarship award is contingent on fall semester enrollment
- Classes enrolled must be within the United States
- Deadline to claim your award is 10/31/2018. Any unclaimed award by the deadline date will be forfeited
If you have any questions, please contact the Scholarship Office