Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
Sign In Navigate Up
Home > Student Services > Veterans > Resources > Academic Counseling  
Academic Counseling

The VA requires individuals utilizing G.I. Bill education benefits to meet with an academic counselor in order to declare an educational objective. At the appointment, the counselor will create a DegreeWorks Student Education Plan (SEP). which will list all required courses for the student to achieve his/her education goal. During peak times, an abbreviated "first semester plan" may be writ​ten, and a follow-up appointment will be required for a full "comprehensive plan." DegreeWorks SEPs are available to students on MyOCC.

Appointments may be scheduled by contacting Veterans Services by phone at 714-432-0202 ext. 26645 or in person on Fridays between 9-12pm. Appointments cannot be made via email. Appointments are scheduled for the following week.