Veterans Resource Center (VRC) also provides services to veteran students through the Veterans Pirate's Program (VPP), offering personalized assistance to help achieve academic, personal, and professional goals.
Criteria for the program
- First time college student (no degree already attained; Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, Doctoral degree)
- Be enrolled in at least 6 academic units or more every semester (Fall 2021 and Spring 2022)
- Qualify for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG) - formerly known as the Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver
- Be in good standing with Veterans Pirates Program formerly a part of Student Equity Program , if reapplying from a previous academic year.
- Not in any other OCC student support services program (EOPS/ CARE, CalWORKs, Guardian Scholars, or programs that offer textbook/school supplies).
Direct Support Services
- Pirates Cove Food Pantry
- Textbooks/Course Materials
- Tech Device Loan Program
- Calculator/Clicker Loaners
- Campus Tours
- Math Tutoring
- Academic Advisement
- VRC Computer Lab (TBD)
A complete application consists of a submitted application with a Web Schedule Bill and Financial Aid Awards page, which you can upload online.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.