Upcoming Benefits Briefings
All students are required to attend a briefing to use benefits.
NO briefing required to use Cal Vet Fee Waiver, Tuition Assistance, or benefits as a Guest Student
Briefings will begin with a walking campus tour*, hosted by Student Equity. Briefings and tours are intended for incoming students using benefits; however, all veteran students and dependents are welcome to attend to learn more about the benefits process and additional resources available.
Please bring with you...
- Official transcripts (if you previously attended another college or university outside of the Coast Community College District)
- If you do not have official transcripts, but have access to unofficial copies, please bring those.
- Copy of your DD-214 (member-4)
- If you are the dependent of a veteran, this will not apply.
- Copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (CH 33 or CH 35)
If you have not yet applied for your benefits through the VA, you will not have this. Please apply for benefits via VETS.GOV or come prepared to complete the paper application in person during the briefing.
- If you have a Certificate of Eligibility from a previous college and have not yet obtained one from OCC, we can use that in the interim.
- Copy of your 28-1905 (CH 31/VRE ONLY)
- Black or blue pen
Location: Watson Hall, 2nd Floor (Room 244)
|Thursday, July 18||1pm-4pm|
|Thursday, August 1||8:30am-11:30am|
|Thursday, August 15||8:30am-11:30am|
|Thursday, August 22||1pm-4pm *(ROOM 262)|
|Thursday, September 12||1pm-4pm *(ROOM 262)|
|Thursday, September 26||1pm-4pm|
|Thursday, October 24||1pm-4pm|
|Thursday, November 7||1pm-4pm|
|Thursday, November 14||1pm-4pm|
Note: Briefings begin sharply at the posted time. Students who arrive late will be asked to return for a different session. Please plan ahead with enough time to purchase a parking permit and find a parking space. See Campus Safety webpage for more information.
*If you require physical assistance or accommodations to participate in the walking tour, please notify our office at least one week prior to the briefing that you plan to attend.