All students are required to complete the briefing process to use benefits.
NO briefing required to use Cal Vet Fee Waiver,
Tuition Assistance, or benefits as a
We will be requesting the following documents, so please have the following ready :
**If you do not have all the documents at this time, you may still continue*
- Official transcripts (if you previously attended another college or university outside of the Coast Community College District)
- If you do not have official transcripts, but have access to unofficial copies, please bring those.
- Copy of your DD-214 (member-4)
- If you are the dependent of a veteran, this will not apply.
- If you do not have your DD-214 yet, we will accept a copy of your military ID, or other verifiable documentation of your military status.
- Copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (CH 33 or CH 35)
- If you have not yet applied for your benefits through the VA, you will not have this. Please apply for benefits via
- If you have a Certificate of Eligibility from a previous college and have not yet obtained one from OCC, we can use that in the interim.
- Copy of your 28-1905 (CH 31/VRE
Please review the Benefits Packet (click here). Once you have reviewed the information, please CLICK HERE to submit your Benefits Briefing intake form.