Welcome! Thank you for your interest in our program.
*PLEASE READ PRIOR TO COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION*
What you need to know about an hourly, non-classified position at the Children's Center:
- This position offers 3 paid sick days.
- Paid only when working, may be sent home, to another classroom or to a custodial/gardening duty when numbers are low.
- There is a 19 HOURS PER WEEK RESTRICTION for Short Term Child Care Support employees.
- There is 160 DAY LIMIT in a fiscal year July 1-June 30.
- Pay cycle information: The pay period goes from the 10th of the month to the 9th of the following month.
- You will be paid on the 10th of each month.
- IT TAKES A FULL PAY CYCLE TO GET A PAYCHECK.
- PAID ONE MONTH AFTER YOU TURN IN THE FIRST TIME CARD!
- Please be advised that if you quit or are terminated from employment, your final paycheck will be on the regular pay schedule.
- Shifts vary to accommodate Children's Center hours of operation.
- Hours of Operation: Infant/Toddlers: Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30 and Preschool: Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30
- You will be required to provide records of MMR and TDap Immunizations and a negative TB skin test or chest x-ray.
Position, expectations and responsibilities:
Short Term Child Care Support - $15.00 per hour
- Early childhood or experience with children preferred.
- Respectful communication with children, parents, staff and administration.
- Consistent support of lead staff in the supervising of children (indoors & outdoors) for SAFE PLAY.
- Facilitate while supervising children in their daily play activities by participating in classroom and outdoor activities.
- Assist with the set up and take down of the many types of activities and areas of the facility.
- Assist with meals, hand washing, and naptime routines.
- Full participation supporting lead staff with the garden, animal care, campus walks.
- Assist in the organizing and cleaning of the Children's Center environment.
- FLEXIBILITY AND A GOOD ATTITUDE IS A MUST.
The Children's Center is a wonderful place to work; it is convenient for OCC students and will give you an opportunity to grow both professionally and personally.
We look forward to meeting with you.
Thank you for your time!