If you have received a Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Disqualification email, utilize the link to request your appeal to get to this page. You may also orangecoastcollege.verifymyfafsa.com if you have already created an account. You will use your MyCoast login information, once logged in if you have not created an account you will be prompted to make an account. The information you put in here should match your FAFSA/DreamAct application.
1. Select "Request" button, you will then need to select the 2019-2020 SAP appeal. It will ask you why you want to request this, simply state you received a disqualification letter.
2. Once requested it will show as a tab to select "SAP Appeal" (as shown below).
3. SAP Counseling - this is where you will watch some videos explaining the SAP policy and take a quiz.
4. Once you complete the quiz, take a screenshot or picture of your "Congratulations" email. Upload your screenshot or picture here.
5. Do not forget to push the "Submit" button!
6. This is where you will explain your situation. Provide as much information as needed for the appeal committee to understand why you are not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progess (SAP) standards.
7. If you are disqualified for GPA and/or Completion Ratio supporting third party documentation is REQUIRED and an education plan.
If you are only disqualifed for Max Time Frame your educational plan listing all courses you need to complete at OCC is your supporting documentation.
If you do not have an academic plan, you may make an appointment with the Specialized Counselor trained in Financial Aid and Academics
8. Do not forget the "submit" button.
Once your appeal is submitted, you can always come back to this page to check your status. Generally appeals can take 2-4 weeks to be processed.
Fall 2019 - November 27
Spring 2020 - May 1