Any student whose fees are deferred via the Guardian Scholars Program who subsequently drop their classes become responsible for payment of fees..
Academic Progress Report (APR):
A mid-semester progress
report is required each semester. A copy of the APR needs to be submitted by
the determined date each semester regardless of standing in the EOPS program. APR forms can be found under GS Forms & Flyers, or below.
Tutoring “Student Success Center”:
The Student Success Center offers tutoring for a variety of subjects. Students are asked to attend the Student Success Center if they meet the following:
- If at any time a student falls below an overall GPA of 2.0 at the semester ends that student will be asked to link with the Student Success Center/Writing Center/Math Center for a minimum of one hour per subject.
- If a student submits unsatisfactory APR, the student will be asked to link with the Student Success Center/Writing Center/Math Center for a minimum of one hour per subject.
- Contact them at: (714) 432-5559 Located in C&L 103A
*Hours to be tracked via Guardian Scholars.
Book Service Request
In order for students to get books paid for through the
program, they must fill out and submit a “Book Request" form), along with a
copy of their current class schedule. Booklists are approved 2-3 days after submission. "Book Request" forms are located in the Forms & Flyer section of the website.
Book requests are meant to supplement qualified students for the EOPS program. If you have not applied for the EOPS program,
please make sure to apply. EOPS only accepts applications during the start of each semester- deadlines vary.
NOTE: Students who do not qualify for EOPS can still receive
funding for books.
Guardian Scholars can pay for book costs related to a student’s educational goals only, unless otherwise approved by Guardian Scholars Staff.
Any student who drops a class without meeting with a GS counselor, or fails a class must return ALL books up to the amount given by Guardian Scholars. Failing to do so can result a loss of future book benefits. If the student would like to retake the class, the book must still be returned- Guardian Scholars may provide funding the following semester.
Guardian Scholar Probation:
Generally, probation begins the semester following academic or financial probation for Orange Coast College. Guardian scholars will continue funding one semester AFTER formal probation as long as students demonstrate progress to earning a 2.0 or above (and no “W’s”).
- Complete ONE
Guardian Scholar ‘meeting’ each term
with a Guardian Scholar Staff.
- Submit an Academic Progress Report.
- Maintain eligibility in EOPS (if
- Be enrolled in a mutually acceptable number of
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average
(GPA) each semester.
- Notify the Guardian Scholars staff before
- Student will meet with a counselor at least
once a semester,
- Should book/supplies be borrowed frome Guardian Scholars Program, student will return item at end
of the semester or be responsible for the financial burden of replacement.
- Notify the Guardian Scholars staff of any
contact information changes.
- Check school and personal emails on a
- Maintain good standing for Financial Aid
Should program or academic requirements not be met one or more semesters in a row, the student risks decreased financial support towards books and supplies, as well as any additional fees associated with student’s education at OCC.