Orange Coast College's Guardian Scholars Program is committed to supporting ambitious college-bound students exiting the Foster Youth System. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive program that contributes to the quality and depth of the student's college experience. We serve as a resource for young adults by assisting in their development and equipping them with skills necessary to transfer to a four year university, or in the vocation of their choice.
Guardian Scholars aims to be a "One Stop Shop." We provide caring and personalized assistance with educational goals and practical day-to-day needs to ensure that full advantage is taken of college life, both inside and outside the classroom. Services include academic advising, financial aid, and referrals to community resources.
CLICK HERE to Make a Donation to Guardian Scholars
- Be a current or former foster youth age 26 or younger at the start of the academic year.
- Have resided in out-of-home placement after or on his or her 13th birthday
- New Student Orientation
- Friendship and Peer support
- Financial Aid application assistance
- Book Award
- Priority Registration
- Assistance finding housing and mental health services in the community
- Workshops designed to ensure success in college and careers
- College & Health Fee Waiver
- Incentive Tier System
- Emergency Support Services