DSPS Application Process
In order to be eligible for academic accommodations at Orange Coast College, students must complete the following steps:
1. Apply for admission to Orange Coast College (OCC). The admissions application is available online at orangecoastcollege.edu
2. After application to OCC, monitor your e-mail (the address you provided on your admissions application) to obtain your OCC student identification number.
3. After receiving your new OCC student identification number, apply for Disabled Students Program and Services (DSPS) accommodation services by completing the following:
a. Complete and submit the DSPS online application form below.
b. Submit any current medical documentation with the DSPS online application (ex recent IEP, SOP, medical assessments etc.). Or, you may provide the Disability Verification Form to your medical specialist to have filled out, and bring it by our office or e-mail it to us.
c. Contact DSPS via e-mail or telephone to schedule an Intake appointment with a DSPS Counselor.
d. Meet with the DSPS Counselor to review eligibility for accommodations
4. Complete the online Orientation through MyOCC.
5. Monitor your OCC e-mail account, as this is the official e-mail used by OCC for important communications, including time sensitive messages from DSPS.