DSPS Online Accommodations: One Stop Shop!
1. Complete DSPS's Online Student Application and upload relevant disability documentation.
2. Attach your personalized Accommodation Letter (check your OCC email) and send optional Faculty Notification Letters for each class, each semester.
3. Request (approved) accommodations for this semester through our Online forms:
- Alternative Testing Requests
- Peer Note-taking Requests
- Alternative Media Requests (conversion of text into speech, etc)
- Assistive Technology Requests (checking-out smart pens, recorders, etc)
- Interpreter or Transcriber/Captioning Requests (for Deaf or Hard of Hearing students).
4. Sign up to be a Volunteer Notetaker.
5. Request an Appreciation Letter (complimentary service provided for our Volunteer Notetakers)
Your first step each semester is to request the accommodations that you want to use for each class. You will use the DSPS webpage to request your online accommodations. After you have submitted your accommodation requests for your classes, our DSPS Services Coordinators will email your faculty to alert them of Interpreters/Transcribers/Personal Service Attendants in the classroom, and to inform faculty we need additional information in order to proctor their exam for you at DSPS. In some scenarios DSPS may need to email your faculty regarding note-taking and alternative media.
Request for Alternative Testing
After you have requested your accommodations for each class (by presenting your personalized Accommodation Letter to each of your faculty whose class to wish to receive accommodations in) you can begin making Alternative Testing requests for the exams that you have in each class.
Student Request for Alternate Testing
Request for Alternative Media
After you have requested your accommodations for each class (by presenting your personalized Accommodation Letter to each of your faculty whose class to wish to receive accommodations in) you can begin making Alternative Media requests for the book(s) that you will be using in each class.
Request for Peer Notetaking Services
To get a peer notetaker for your class(es), you will need to use the DSPS online Peer Note-taking Request to request the Notetaking Services accommodation for each of your classes.
Student Request for Peer Notetaker
Request for Interpreting\Captioning Services
After meeting with our DSPS counselor and agreeing to the Absence Cancellation Policy and Interpreting Services Rules and Regulations Policy, you may begin your request for interpreting/captioning services.
Student Request for Interpreting/Captioning Services