DSPS Counseling services at Orange Coast College are in place to help students identify and clarify disability-related accommodations, academic class schedules, career and educational goals. The intent is to help students explore their options and make informed decisions that will improve the quality of their lives. Our DSPS counselors are available to assist you with the following:
• Educational Planning
• Career Exploration
• Disability Management Counseling
• Academic Accommodation Plan (Intake)
• Referral for on/off Campus Resources
• Self Advocacy & Communicating with Faculty
DSPS counselors are currently offering Virtual counseling appointments via phone or Zoom. Students may schedule a counseling appointment by:
All students scheduling a Zoom or phone counseling appointment will receive an automated confirmation email with further instructions and Zoom meeting id. Please monitor your OCC email.
If you need to cancel an appointment, please contact our office within 24 hours. You may cancel via phone (714) 432-5807 or by e-mail OCCDisabledStudents@occ.cccd.edu
DSPS Counseling Drop-Ins
Drop-in counseling is available for quick questions up to 15 minutes. Please contact the front office if interested in attending drop-in.
- Monday: 9:30am – 11:00am & 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:30am – 11:30am
- Wednesday: 930am – 11:00am & 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Thursday: 9:00am – 11:00am