Orange Coast College welcomes and supports students from ALL walks of life, regardless of immigration status. In accordance with California law AB 540 and the California Dream Act, undocumented students at OCC will be afforded the same rights and resources as their peers, including access to resident tuition fees and financial aid.
On Saturday January 13, 2018, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will resume accepting renewal applications for deferred action under DACA until further notice. Only individuals who were previously granted deferred action under DACA may reapply for renewal. New applicants are not eligible to apply at this time.
This recent change which grants provisional relief to DACA recipients is due to a Federal court ruling by U.S. District Judge William Alsup of California which challenges the government’s rescission of DACA based on lack of jurisdiction by the Trump administration.
If you are eligible to apply for DACA renewal, do not miss the opportunity. Consult with an immigration attorney for further assistance.
OCC Student Equity Department DACA Update:Renew your DACA immediately if it expires by 2020. Renewals are being accepted Even if they do no not fit into the 120-150 Day window.
DACA Legal Services Application & USCIS filling fee assistance in OC:
World Relief in Garden Grove, (714) 210-4703
Public Law Center in Santa Ana, (714) 541-1010
A Note to Undocumented Students You can still go to college in California even if you are not currently elgible for DACA. Keep in Mind:
- California Dream Act is still in place! Submit your application before March 2nd.
- In-state tuition eligibility is expanding! AB540 is still in place and now you may be eligble for in-state tuition even if you didn't attend 3 years of high school in CA.
Visit us for additional information and support:
Student Equity, Watson Hall 205
(714) 432-6841, firstname.lastname@example.org
- OCC Emergency Dream Fund Application Info Sessions
- Thursday, Feb 8, 2018 - 1 PM @ Watson Hall 240
- Wednesday, Feb 14, 2018 - 2 PM @ Watson Hall 244
For questions on how to get started at OCC
For questions about AB 540 status