↩ Back to Student Housing
**As of September 8, 2021 the Housing Financial Assistance Application is now closed for Fall 2021**
Orange Coast College, utilizing Pirates' Promise funds, is providing financial support to eligible students to stay at The Harbour at OCC. Eligible students will receive $400 or $600 credit per month applied to the cost of rental installments at The Harbour for the entire academic year (through June 2022). There are a limited number of awards available. Students who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis. With priority for this who were a recipient during 2020-2021 and continue to meet all criteria. Please note this is a limited funding opportunity only available through June 2022.
- Enroll and complete full-time (at least 12 units at the Coast Community College District, with a minimum of 9 units at OCC, for Fall 2021). Recipients must enroll full-time (12 units) in Spring 2022 to maintain eligibility.*
- Complete a 2021-2022 FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $2,500 or less
- Be a California Resident or AB540-Eligible Student
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) (for continuing OCC students only) or have an appeal approval on file
- Sign a 2021-2022 Housing Agreement with The Harbour for one of the following unit types** either by July 15, 2021 or upon approval:
- 4 Bedroom/2 Bathroom
- 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom Double
- 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom Single
- Maintain above criteria for Spring 2022 to continue to receive funding
- Recommendation: Meet with Financial Aid Specialist to review award letter and develop budget for housing.
*Students who are consider a part of the special populations who are approved for a reduced course load are eligible to apply with less than 12 units.
**Housing Assistance Funds may not be used toward a Studio or 1 Bedroom apartment unless approved by Housing & Residential Education.
Recipients must maintain the following requirements in order to continue their eligibility for monthly housing funds:
- Attend the Housing Promise Fund Orientation (date to be determined)
- Sign a 2021-2022 Housing Agreement with The Harbour:
- Either by July 15, 2021 or upon approval for residents beginning their contract in Fall 2021
- Unit type must be a 4 Bedroom/2 Bathroom; 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom Double; or 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom Single†
- Complete a comprehensive Student Education Plan (SEP) by the end the Fall 2021 semester
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) (Maintain a 2.0 Cumulative GPA, Maintain 67% Unit Completion and Maximum Time Frame Requirement) for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022
- Attend at least 1 Harbour Community Event/Resident Advisor Program each semester
- Maintain full-time enrollment (at least 12 units at the Coast Community College District, with a minimum of 9 units at OCC, for Fall 2021) for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022††
- Maintain eligibility to reside at The Harbour, including complying with the Student Code of Conduct and Title IX Board Policies and Administrative Procedures as well as The Harbour Community Policies
†Housing Assistance Funds may not be used toward a Studio or 1 Bedroom apartment unless approved by Housing & Residential Education.
††Students who are approved for a reduced course load are eligible to continue with 6 units or more.
Please note: The above requirements will be verified at the beginning and end of each semester. Recipients who do not maintain the program requirements will no longer be awarded the Housing Funds and are responsible for the entire monthly rental installment for the remaining duration of their Housing Agreement with The Harbour.
Housing Promise Financial Assistance Application
Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Eligible students are encouraged to apply here: Housing Financial Assistance Application. This link will prompt you to enter your OCC Student Log-In Information in order to access the application. Please enter your OCC Username and Password and then complete and submit your application.
Once we receive your application, you will be notified via email regarding the status of your application and be referred to The Harbour at OCC for the housing application. If your decision to live at the Harbour is dependent on the outcome of this assistance application, please do not sign an electronic housing agreement until you hear the outcome of your application as the housing agreement is a legally binding contract and you will be fully responsible for the amount and terms of the agreement.
Orange Coast College is excited to support students and help meet their housing needs. For questions regarding this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.