Active chapter members with minimum cum GPAs of 3.50 are encouraged to apply for the OCC Scholarships for Continuing Transferring Students each spring.
The most competitive candidates for chapter scholarships willdemonstrate in their applications one or more of the followingqualifications:
- Frequent participation in Mu Alpha Theta meetings, events, activities and projects.
- A leadership role in chapter governance or as chair of one or more committees (including event, activity, or project committees)
- Successful completion of multiple qualifying mathematics courses with grades of A or B
- A consistently high or improving GPA since first enrollment at OCC
- A demonstrated interest in mathematics beyond the classroom (volunteer tutoring, participation at math-meets or other competitive math-based events, etc.)
- Two strong letters of recommendation from OCC faculty or administrators
- A well-written personal statement that highlights the candidate's passion for and interest in mathematics.