MAT invites qualified candidates for membership each fall and spring.
Successful candidates are students who:
- are currently enrolled at Orange Coast College in at least six units of coursework
- must have completed a total of at least twelve units of coursework at OCC
- have completed at least one of the following at OCC: Math 115, Math 120, Math 140 (formerly Math 157), Math 155, Math 160 or 160H, PSYC 160, Math 170, Math 180 or 180H, Math 182H, Math 185 or 185H, Math 220 or Phil 220, Math 230, Math 235, Math 280 or 280H, Math 285 or 285H, Math 290 or 290H
- have earned a 3.00 GPA overall in all qualifying math classes (at least one is required); line-outs/exclusions for courses repeated or academically renewed and W's are OK; do not count coursework in progress
- have an OCC cumulative GPA of at least 3.00
There is a one-time application fee of $60.00 which includes the chapter t-shirt; approved membership is permanent immediately. New members receive a certificate, membership card, transcript seal, as well as a special notation of their membership on official OCC transcripts. Members of Mu Alpha Theta are entitled to purchase and wear honors regalia at their graduations.
Qualified students may download the current applications here:
Application filing deadlines:
Fall: October 31
Spring: March 15
If you have any difficulty downloading the form, please contact the Garrison Honors Center (located next to Global Engagement Center) or the chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org
for a PDF copy of the application.
Last updated: 11/13/20