FREE, ONLINE WORKSHOPS FOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS
Summer 2021: June 16 - August 18
- Practice your listening, speaking and pronunction skills with ELL instructors.
- Workshops are held every Wednesday from 11:30 am - 12:30 pm. You can join at any time!
- Two levels:
- Level 1: Low-beginning (Instructor Marci Gomez)
- Level 2: High-beginning & Low-intermediate (Instructor Sean Click)
- These workshops are open to anyone in the community 18 years and older.
- Contact the Adult Education Office for the Zoom link to access the online workshops.
SOCIAL PIRATES CONVERSATION CLUB
Do you want to improve your speaking skills? Do you like talking with interesting people from all over the world? Do you enjoy connecting with your fellow Pirates? If you answered, "yes," then join the Social Pirates Conversation Club! The club meets every other Friday from 1:30 - 3:00 pm, beginning 2/19/21.
To sign up, email Instructor Cheryl Bucholtz-Magallon at: firstname.lastname@example.org and she will send you the Zoom link to access the free, online workshops. Workshops are open to ELL and ESL students who would like to improve their English skills.
Adult Education Bridge Events Give Students Insight into College Life at Orange Coast College
More than 200 students, instructors, and administrators from Huntington Beach Adult School and Garden Grove Adult Education visited Orange Coast College on Thursday, October 24, 2019 and Monday, October 28, 2019 for the fall Adult Education Bridge Events. Daytime and evening options were offered to accomodate differing schedules. Students learned about noncredit and Career Education programs, student services, and the Pirate Promise Program. College representatives led the students on tours of the campus to help them become more familiar with the resources and supports available to them. Students were able to choose a program-specific or general college tour, based on their interests. The Adult Education Bridge Events are part of the California Adult Education Program (AEP) to create seamless transitions for students to develop literacy and basic skills, advance their education and obtain employment.