Our Division Office remains closed for the Spring 2021 semester, due to COVID 19 protocol. During our normal office hours. we can be reached by calling 714-432-5846, 714-714-7512 or by emailing email@example.com
Stay safe and healthy!
Due to Covid-19 Restrictions, we will not be having Plant Sales for Spring 2021.
Difficulty contacting an instructor:
If you have not heard from your instructor and you have an urgent issue, please contact our Division Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have issues in your classroom that cannot be resolved, you can submit a Student Concern Form.
Frequently Division Topics
- Clearing Prerequisites: A Prerequisite Clearance Request Form must be submitted to the Matriculation/OCC Clearance office. The information and Prerequisite Clearance form is located within the "Enrollment Center" link of the college website.
- Placement Testing for Chemistry: Due to campus closure, there is no placement testing available for Chemistry, so please submit a Prerequisite Clearance Request Form if you wish to be considered for direct placement into CHEM 180.
- Course Syllabus/Course Outline: To obtain a syllabus for a course, please contact the individual instructor. Our college keeps the Course Outline of Record (COR) for a course, in our college database. The COR which is the official document used for articulating courses among universities and colleges. Here are the step by step instructions to access our COR's.
- Admissions and Records will answer questions related to reimbursement, dropping a course and withdrawal deadlines.
- Spring 2021 Schedule is available. Registration for this semester begins October. Classes begin February 1, 2021.
The Division of Mathematics and Sciences at Orange Coast College provides educational programs for its majors that are recognized for their quality by the many universities to which our students transfer. The science programs are distinguished by their outstanding laboratory facilities and modern equipment. The mathematics department provides a calculus honors sequence that is comparable to that taught at schools such as Stanford, UCLA, and UC Berkeley. Division facilities include an exemplary Math Center, the Hoag Multimedia Laboratory, a Cadaver Prosection Lab, a Plastination Lab, marine science aquariums, and a horticulture facility that includes gardens and over 6,000 square feet of greenhouse space. With its close proximity to the ocean, Orange Coast College’s Marine Science program is the largest community college marine science program in the nation.