SIU Carbondale and Orange Coast College are partners in aviation education. Students enrolled in the Orange Coast Aviation Pilot Training, Aviation Management, Aircraft Dispatcher and Aviation Maintenance programs can complete an SIU Bachelor of Science degree in Aviation Management at the Orange Coast campus on a weekend format!
The Aviation Management Bachelor of Science degree program is designed to build upon training in aviation flight, maintenance, aircraft operations and other aviation-related fields. This is a career-oriented degree program that meets the educational needs of individuals who have aviation-related work experience and/or technical training from a wide variety of backgrounds. Program Faculty are aviation professionals who have extensive teaching and academic backgrounds, and are industry experts in their teaching areas.
SIU’s renowned aviation management program
builds on aviation skills you already have, taking
the technical training you receive and expanding it
into a career-oriented degree.
Graduates of SIU Carbondale’s Aviation Management program include professional pilots, NTSB
investigators, airport directors, managers, consultants, FAA safety inspectors and aircraft product
support personnel, and Air Traffic Controllers.
The Aviation Management degree program
consists of three parts:
- A 48-semester-hour major with courses taught
in a weekend format that spans four semesters
and can be completed in 16 months.
- A 34-42-semester-hour approved career
electives requirement that can be satisfied
through previously completed military schools,
OCC and other community college degree
programs, other technical or industry training
programs, FAA Certificates or aviation-related
- A 30-38-semester-hour University Core Curriculum (UCC) requirement that can be satisfied by
transfer credit from other accredited institutions,
including OCC and other community colleges,
CLEP, DANTES and proficiency training.
AVM Core Courses - 48 Hours
- AVM 300 Introduction to Aviation Management
AVM 301 Aviation Management Writing and Communication
AVM 319 Aviation Occupational Internship optional)
- AVM 370 Airport Planning
- AVM 372 Airport Management
- AVM 374 General Aviation Operations
- AVM 376 Aviation Maintenance Management
- AVM 385 Air Transport Labor Relations
- AVM 401 Analysis of Issues in the Aviation Industry
- AVM 450 Management Problems in the Aviation Industry
- AVM 371 Aviation Industry Regulation
- AVM 373 Airline Management
- AVM 375 Legal Aspects of Aviation
- AVM 377 Aviation Safety Management
- AVM 386 Fiscal Aspects of Aviation Management
- AVM 402 Aviation Industry Career Development
SERVING THOSE WHO SERVE US
We take pride in serving the men and women who serve our country, and it shows. Our convenient program gives military personnel and working adults the opportunity to prepare for career transitions and advancement while fulfilling other obligations. Southern Illinois University Carbondale and Orange Coast College are perfect partners for active duty, aviation industry and VA eligible veterans.
For further details regarding this program contact:
Advisor Lori Armstrong - firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Off-Campus Programs
SIU Brochure for OCC